Looking for advice...

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I'm new to Enemy Territory, but have very quickly become addicted. I'm
recruiting a bunch of friends to start playing, and we're considering
setting up a server. What I'd like is opinions from expierienced users
on the best resources to go to for info...on everything from gameplay
tips to running servers. I know there's a lot out there, so please point
me to the quality websites...

Gracias

Douglas Stanley Jr. wrote:
> I'm new to Enemy Territory, but have very quickly become addicted.
I'm
> recruiting a bunch of friends to start playing, and we're considering

> setting up a server. What I'd like is opinions from expierienced
users
> on the best resources to go to for info...on everything from gameplay

> tips to running servers. I know there's a lot out there, so please
point
> me to the quality websites...
>

> Gracias

I run a wolf server, but I think some of the info is the same.

Are you going to run the server on your own internet connection or are
you going to get hosted? If you run the game on your own line (cable,
dsl...) you will be limited with how many players you can serve without
lag. But, if you are going to host it your self, be sure you have a
cable connection or better. Setup the server as dedicated if possible.
That means that you can't play and run the server on the same machine,
but it will show up in the game browser and run much better. Dsl wont
cut it for more than a few players.

I run a wolf server that hosts 18 players..but it is located in a data
center. If you want more info. about commercial hosting let me know.

Other than that...get to know the rcon commands and server .cfg files.
rcon commands let you be admin in game -- change map, kick ppl,
etc...You can use punkbuster commands to do this too.

http://www.gameadmins.com/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=36

TRENDING THREADS