AMD Catalyst 12.11 Drivers, Great performance gains!

I saw 2 reviews showing massive increases in BF3 and then one showing only a few fps difference. I'm looking forward to testing tonight to see what I actually get. Supposed to be released to the public around 3PM today (don't know which time zone).

proffet

Honorable
Aug 30, 2012
it looks like all the benefits was to BF3, Dirt and AvP...
so if you play BF3 and most of us probably do then it's nice for 7970 runners.

to be honest, just another fresh set of drivers nothing more.
nVidia will be doing the same soon and then Radeon again.
it's just a cycle.

mohit9206

Distinguished
will the performance increase be available to all 7xxx series cards ? also exactly what games the increase be applcable to ? will it let me play my games at 1080p now ? checked for update but says your driver is up to date. am on 12.8

rdc85

Honorable
12.11 will available later of the day in forms of beta release, the WHQL ones will be at November so if u wanna install it u need to DL it manually from the support site...... :)

But wait for a while there stil not avail yet, they try to fix some minor bug they recent found..
also this gains only for GCN 7xxx cards...( +=77xx cards ), to bad no gain for older card... :cry:

7870 looks more and more atractive now.... :love:
(damn this country distributor they still sell 7870 at 350$ coverted here..... :fou: )

MWisBest

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Although my 3DMark 11 graphics score stayed the same from 12.9 to 12.10 to 12.11 on my A8-3500M APU (6620G)+6750M combo, my physics score went up over 25%! Nobody thought about them improving GPGPU performance for the non-GCN cards. ;)

mohit9206

Distinguished
going in check for updates my CCC shows that 12.10 is the latest available update not 12.11.
ok i realised that that beta version of drivers are not available to download from CCC app itself. have to go to amd site to download
but here is my question. i have 2 options. whether to download catalyst 12.10 or 12.11 beta.
just want to be sure that if i download 12.11 beta it doesnt mess up something coz well you know, its beta.
so is 12.11 worth downloading for me ? what are the cons of downloading a beta version . will it have bugs ?

rdc85

Honorable
All driver could had bug if it in certain situation....
beta as it name it's beta it could be more prone to bugs, but it offer some feature much ahead (sooner) than regular ones.

Me personally will try it even if no gains for my card...

RussK1

Splendid

I've gotten across the board gains for my 6990 as well. Esp on the combined test on 3DMark11.

Largest gains ever seen according to some, accross the board

No doubt, Bravo AMD! [:russk1]

Now to see a Tom's review.

**Quite a few reviews and they are all good**

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/