XP Save

Last response: in Video Games
April 25, 2005 3:35:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
session?

More about : save

April 25, 2005 3:35:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

no

"No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
> session?
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 3:35:45 AM

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:35:44 +0000, No one wrote:

> Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
> session?

Yes.

Linux Registered User #327951
April 25, 2005 6:00:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Well, that's a real bummer.

So, those players who are generals and such must play for days on end
without disconnecting....

Randall wrote:
> no
>
> "No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
>>session?

April 25, 2005 6:00:02 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Well actually, the only way you can disconnect and re-connect and keep your
XP is to crash the game and re-connect to the same server within a certain
time (don't know what it is). This is a built in safeguard for the numerous
crashes the game gets (although these have diminished since the last update
with the download crash problems).

It would be unfair to just log in to a server as a 5 star general when the
rest may just be corporals. The only way I could see this as fair would be
a private server for a clan and it's always the same players where everybody
is equal.

And the generals? Yeah, they play non-stop to get there and/or they are
really good at it.

> Well, that's a real bummer.
>
> So, those players who are generals and such must play for days on end
> without disconnecting....
>
> Randall wrote:
>> no
>>
>> "No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
>>>session?

Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:00:02 AM

Dan C wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:35:44 +0000, No one wrote:
>

>>Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
>>session?
>

> Yes.

Care to share which ones?
Anonymous
April 25, 2005 10:42:03 AM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:00:02 +0000, No one wrote:

>>>Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
>>>session?

>> Yes.

> Care to share which ones?

Well, I don't have any names memorized.... If you look at the servers in
the game browser, it's quite obvious.

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 4:00:01 AM

Dan C wrote:

>>>Yes.
>

>>Care to share which ones?
>

> Well, I don't have any names memorized.... If you look at the servers in
> the game browser, it's quite obvious.

All of these claim to save XP, but none of them do.
Anonymous
April 26, 2005 5:13:37 AM

No one <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote:
>Dan C wrote:

[...]
>> Well, I don't have any names memorized.... If you look at the servers in
>> the game browser, it's quite obvious.
>
>All of these claim to save XP, but none of them do.

They save it for a while if you disconnect, but not for ever. I've
gone back after 1/2 hour or so, but never tried for longer.

Tim
--
May contain traces of nuts.
Anonymous

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Or they cheat better.

Randall wrote:
> Well actually, the only way you can disconnect and re-connect and keep your
> XP is to crash the game and re-connect to the same server within a certain
> time (don't know what it is). This is a built in safeguard for the numerous
> crashes the game gets (although these have diminished since the last update
> with the download crash problems).
>
> It would be unfair to just log in to a server as a 5 star general when the
> rest may just be corporals. The only way I could see this as fair would be
> a private server for a clan and it's always the same players where everybody
> is equal.
>
> And the generals? Yeah, they play non-stop to get there and/or they are
> really good at it.
>
> "No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Well, that's a real bummer.
>>
>>So, those players who are generals and such must play for days on end
>>without disconnecting....
>>
>>Randall wrote:
>>
>>>no
>>>
>>>"No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anonymous
May 27, 2005 9:40:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Some Shrub servers support this feature.

!