XP Save

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
session?
10 answers Last reply
More about save
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    no

    "No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
    > session?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:35:44 +0000, No one wrote:

    > Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
    > session?

    Yes.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Well, that's a real bummer.

    So, those players who are generals and such must play for days on end
    without disconnecting....

    Randall wrote:
    > no
    >
    > "No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
    >>session?

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Well actually, the only way you can disconnect and re-connect and keep your
    XP is to crash the game and re-connect to the same server within a certain
    time (don't know what it is). This is a built in safeguard for the numerous
    crashes the game gets (although these have diminished since the last update
    with the download crash problems).

    It would be unfair to just log in to a server as a 5 star general when the
    rest may just be corporals. The only way I could see this as fair would be
    a private server for a clan and it's always the same players where everybody
    is equal.

    And the generals? Yeah, they play non-stop to get there and/or they are
    really good at it.

    > Well, that's a real bummer.
    >
    > So, those players who are generals and such must play for days on end
    > without disconnecting....
    >
    > Randall wrote:
    >> no
    >>
    >> "No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
    >>>session?

  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Dan C wrote:
    > On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 23:35:44 +0000, No one wrote:
    >

    >>Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
    >>session?
    >

    > Yes.

    Care to share which ones?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 06:00:02 +0000, No one wrote:

    >>>Are there any servers for "Enemy Territory" that save XP from session to
    >>>session?

    >> Yes.

    > Care to share which ones?

    Well, I don't have any names memorized.... If you look at the servers in
    the game browser, it's quite obvious.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Dan C wrote:

    >>>Yes.
    >

    >>Care to share which ones?
    >

    > Well, I don't have any names memorized.... If you look at the servers in
    > the game browser, it's quite obvious.

    All of these claim to save XP, but none of them do.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    No one <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >Dan C wrote:

    [...]
    >> Well, I don't have any names memorized.... If you look at the servers in
    >> the game browser, it's quite obvious.
    >
    >All of these claim to save XP, but none of them do.

    They save it for a while if you disconnect, but not for ever. I've
    gone back after 1/2 hour or so, but never tried for longer.

    Tim
    --
    May contain traces of nuts.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Or they cheat better.

    Randall wrote:
    > Well actually, the only way you can disconnect and re-connect and keep your
    > XP is to crash the game and re-connect to the same server within a certain
    > time (don't know what it is). This is a built in safeguard for the numerous
    > crashes the game gets (although these have diminished since the last update
    > with the download crash problems).
    >
    > It would be unfair to just log in to a server as a 5 star general when the
    > rest may just be corporals. The only way I could see this as fair would be
    > a private server for a clan and it's always the same players where everybody
    > is equal.
    >
    > And the generals? Yeah, they play non-stop to get there and/or they are
    > really good at it.
    >
    > "No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Well, that's a real bummer.
    >>
    >>So, those players who are generals and such must play for days on end
    >>without disconnecting....
    >>
    >>Randall wrote:
    >>
    >>>no
    >>>
    >>>"No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Some Shrub servers support this feature.

    > Or they cheat better.
    >
    > Randall wrote:
    > > Well actually, the only way you can disconnect and re-connect and keep
    your
    > > XP is to crash the game and re-connect to the same server within a
    certain
    > > time (don't know what it is). This is a built in safeguard for the
    numerous
    > > crashes the game gets (although these have diminished since the last
    update
    > > with the download crash problems).
    > >
    > > It would be unfair to just log in to a server as a 5 star general when
    the
    > > rest may just be corporals. The only way I could see this as fair would
    be
    > > a private server for a clan and it's always the same players where
    everybody
    > > is equal.
    > >
    > > And the generals? Yeah, they play non-stop to get there and/or they are
    > > really good at it.
    > >
    > > "No one" <bibbe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>Well, that's a real bummer.
    > >>
    > >>So, those players who are generals and such must play for days on end
    > >>without disconnecting....

Windows XP Games Servers Video Games