Graphics card black screen

Hello,

This is my first message on here. I have built a low end PC. I am going to sell it to a nephew who wants to plag games so I installed a graphics card. (ASUS hd 6670 2GB). Windows 7 starts fine and the PC works until you try playing a game then screen goes black and I have to restart PC to get out of the black screen.

Could anyone help?

Spec: Asrock N68C-S UCC motherboard, 4GB ram, 500w power supply. AMD sempron unlocked to dual core processor. 500GB WB hard drive.
5 answers Last reply
More about graphics card black screen
  1. The reason may be the power supply.
    500 watts seems enough to handle the HD 6670.
    but if you are using a cheap power supply than this can be a problem.
    whats your power supply brand?
    Cheap PSU does not deliver the power that is mentioned on them.
    I had the same problem earlier with HD 6850 and a cheap power supply.While playing games all of the sudden the PC froze and i had to reboot.Then i changed the power supply and got the branded one and the problem was solved.

I think this can be the problem....
  2. Power supply is CIT 500w, I will try another ps and get back to you. I dont think thats it but we will see.
  3. ok let me know after using another power supply...
  4. I have solved the issue. Its funny and sad cus I spent a lot of time trying to sort this. I dont game on my PC which was the main problem. The first game I tried for my nephew needed a lower screen res. The second game was an older one made for windows XP era so that didnt work and I still carnt. But the third game worked fine because it cud run with a high screen res.

I was using a HDMI cable so res wouldn't go below 1200x900 roughly. When the third game worked I went back to the first game, I needed the VGA cable instead so the res could be lowered to 1080x720 roughly, the game works fine.

Thanks a lot for trying.
  5. good to see, you sorted out the problem...cheerssss
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon Graphics Cards Graphics