Mod creation

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I know some servers have many maps and most of the maps seem to be made
by the same two guys. Is mod creation really difficult? Are there any
sites out there with points or tools?

No one wrote:

> I know some servers have many maps and most of the maps seem to be made
> by the same two guys. Is mod creation really difficult? Are there any
> sites out there with points or tools?

I would make a distinction between game modifications like ETPro or ETPub,
and maps. Anyway, there's quite some information to be found in
splashdamage's forums at http://www.splashdamage.com , both for mod-making
and level-design.

Nitro

No one wrote:
> I know some servers have many maps and most of the maps seem to be
made
> by the same two guys. Is mod creation really difficult? Are there
any
> sites out there with points or tools?

Check out this link for mod info. I have the s4ndmod running on my
server and this is the tutorial from the guy who made it. But, I think
you have to have some level of experience in coding, or be ready to
dive in...

http://www.freewebs.com/s4ndm4nn/modtutorial.htm

I wrote:
> No one wrote:
>

>>I know some servers have many maps and most of the maps seem to be made
>>by the same two guys. Is mod creation really difficult? Are there any
>>sites out there with points or tools?
>

> I would make a distinction between game modifications like ETPro or ETPub,
> and maps. Anyway, there's quite some information to be found in
> splashdamage's forums at http://www.splashdamage.com , both for mod-making
> and level-design.

Erm, that's for Enemy Territory of course. If you meant good old RTCW i
dont have any pointers because i haven't played it much since ET was
released. But level design or mod making shouldn't be that different i
guess.