Sign in with
Your question

Will this PSU power this card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 2:18:35 PM

It should power it easily. 50A on the +12v rail seems adequate too.

Edit: So you have both of these components and are having problems? or are you considering purchasing one of them?
Related resources
a c 212 U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 2:41:36 PM

See the 1st hit here:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=7950+system+requiremen...

This is always a good source too

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_hd_7950...
Quote:

Here is Guru3D's power supply recommendation:

Radeon HD 7950 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit.
Radeon HD 7950 Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit as minimum
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 4:37:57 PM

lscarl said:
I have both and I can only boot driverless or in safe mode

Did you download drivers from MSI or from AMD? Whichever you did, I'd suggest you uninstall and try the opposite set.
October 22, 2012 5:03:06 PM

My mobo is an asrock 870 extreme3 btw, and I have a phenom II x4 955, with 4gb ddr3 ram. I can't find any solution since last night.
October 22, 2012 6:34:40 PM

deadlockedworld said:
Did you download drivers from MSI or from AMD? Whichever you did, I'd suggest you uninstall and try the opposite set.

I just tried reinstalling windows, and it looks like the install is hanging at "completing installation"
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 6:59:28 PM

If windows wont install thats a much more serious issue than your video card.

Assuming you get the install to work - Maybe a motherboard issue? Can you find new drivers/software for the asrock?
October 22, 2012 9:09:27 PM

deadlockedworld said:

Assuming you get the install to work - Maybe a motherboard issue? Can you find new drivers/software for the asrock?

Just formatted my drive, and reinstalled windows. Will update as soon as I get the display drivers installed.
October 22, 2012 9:42:13 PM

deadlockedworld said:

It seems to boot fine now after the windows reinstall! I hope I don't have any future problems :D 
!