Sign in with
Your question

Will this PSU power this card?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 2:18:35 PM

It should power it easily. 50A on the +12v rail seems adequate too.

Edit: So you have both of these components and are having problems? or are you considering purchasing one of them?
m
l
Related resources
a c 231 U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 2:41:36 PM

See the 1st hit here:

http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=7950+system+requiremen...

This is always a good source too

http://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/msi_radeon_hd_7950...
Quote:

Here is Guru3D's power supply recommendation:

Radeon HD 7950 - On your average system the card requires you to have a 500 Watt power supply unit.
Radeon HD 7950 Crossfire - On your average system the cards require you to have a 700 Watt power supply unit as minimum
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 4:37:57 PM

lscarl said:
I have both and I can only boot driverless or in safe mode

Did you download drivers from MSI or from AMD? Whichever you did, I'd suggest you uninstall and try the opposite set.
m
l
October 22, 2012 5:03:06 PM

My mobo is an asrock 870 extreme3 btw, and I have a phenom II x4 955, with 4gb ddr3 ram. I can't find any solution since last night.
m
l
October 22, 2012 6:34:40 PM

deadlockedworld said:
Did you download drivers from MSI or from AMD? Whichever you did, I'd suggest you uninstall and try the opposite set.

I just tried reinstalling windows, and it looks like the install is hanging at "completing installation"
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 6:59:28 PM

If windows wont install thats a much more serious issue than your video card.

Assuming you get the install to work - Maybe a motherboard issue? Can you find new drivers/software for the asrock?
m
l
October 22, 2012 9:09:27 PM

deadlockedworld said:

Assuming you get the install to work - Maybe a motherboard issue? Can you find new drivers/software for the asrock?

Just formatted my drive, and reinstalled windows. Will update as soon as I get the display drivers installed.
m
l
October 22, 2012 9:42:13 PM

deadlockedworld said:

It seems to boot fine now after the windows reinstall! I hope I don't have any future problems :D 
m
l
!