Nvidia GTX 670 2GB OC Driver crash

Hello there,
I have just gotten my new computer and after I got everything installed and working, I was not even 15 mins into playing Minecraft when I got the error "Nvidia display driver (version number) has stopped responding and recovered"
it happens in every game, at a random time, I can be 3 hours into a Borderlands 2 session and then it will just crash.
It even happens when Im doing nothing on the desktop with only skype and Google Chrome open.
Now I know you have seen about a million of these asking the exact same question.
And I'm as frustrated as you are.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3820 3.6Ghz LGA 2011
Motherboard: ASRock x79 Extreme3 LGA2011 DDR3 USB3.0
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws-X 16GB(2x8GB) DDR3-1600
Video Card: Gigabyte GV-N670OC-2GD 2GB GTX
Cooler: Thermaltake CL-W0216 Water 2.0 Pro Universal Liquid Cooler
SSD: OCZ Agility3 120GB SATA SSD
HGG: Seagate 3TB ST3000DM001 7200 SATA 6Gb/s
PSU: Thermaltake ToughPower XT 875W

I have tried all the drivers for my card, even the beta ones.
Tried several fixes including a regedit "fix"

Every forum I see with the same problems go un fixed and the threads die without any reports of the problem getting fixed.

Any ideas would be great..all I want to do is play the games I havent been able to on my old laptop.
2 answers Last reply
More about nvidia driver crash
  1. Well when everything else fails there is always RMA left. Before you do that though run memtest on your ram to eliminate that as culprit. http://www.memtest86.com/download.html
  2. Thank's for the reply, I got memtest, But I'm not sure on how to run/install it.
    Also sorry to sound like the new guy but RMA?
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Graphics