Updated NVIDIA Graphics and now I can't see my laptop on tv.

s1ncopas

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
Hello,
I've used my laptop on my tv several times. This week I've got a message on my laptop saying that I needed some drivers updates, so I did. The next time I tried my laptop on my TV it does'nt work. I tried my girlfriends laptop on the same TV and it worked just fine. I guess it was the update but I don't know what to do.

Solution
Rollback the driver:

"Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > under "Devices and Printers" click Device Manager. Look for the "Display adapters" tab, right click it and then select properties (or double click it). Go to the "Driver" tab, and press the button "Roll Back Driver"."

That will return you to the old version where this was working...

When talking about notebook it is always better to go to your notebook manufacturer website (Sony,Dell,Acer,etc...) and download the latest recommended driver there.

But the latest notebook version out RIGHT NOW is:
306.97 - WHQL

Just try rolling back the driver and check if it is working, keep it that way.

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Have you pressed Windows+P key?

Make sure you have downloaded the correct drivers for your windows version.

If both above are true and the problem continues, just rollback your GPU driver and you should be fine...

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
Rollback the driver:

"Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > under "Devices and Printers" click Device Manager. Look for the "Display adapters" tab, right click it and then select properties (or double click it). Go to the "Driver" tab, and press the button "Roll Back Driver"."

That will return you to the old version where this was working...

When talking about notebook it is always better to go to your notebook manufacturer website (Sony,Dell,Acer,etc...) and download the latest recommended driver there.

But the latest notebook version out RIGHT NOW is:
306.97 - WHQL

Just try rolling back the driver and check if it is working, keep it that way.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS