Sign in with
Your question

Which 7950 to get??? (Asus vs MSI)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 22, 2012 4:27:40 PM

Just wondering which 7950 would be the better card. Looking at overclocking, and have pretty much narrowed down to the Asus direct Cu II TOP or MSI Twin Frozer III.

Which one is the better card?, might be looking at Crossfire for triple monitor in the future.

Thanks

Tom

More about : 7950 asus msi

a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 4:57:49 PM

Most of overclockers say that, if you have space in your motherboard the CU II TOP is a little better than the Twin Frozr III but the difference isn't so big.

Personally i would take the Twin Frozr III beucase i know those coolers are great, Quiet and Cool, but if you really want maximum overclock capabilities i think that the ASUS will do a little better.
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 5:56:41 PM

dathtom said:
Just wondering which 7950 would be the better card. Looking at overclocking, and have pretty much narrowed down to the Asus direct Cu II TOP or MSI Twin Frozer III.

Which one is the better card?, might be looking at Crossfire for triple monitor in the future.

Thanks

Tom

twin frozer all day
Related resources
October 22, 2012 6:11:23 PM

Yup, that fits my preference as well, but i just read tomshardware's 'best graphics card for your money' for october and it didnt reccomend anything for about £260. Is the 7950 the best option?
a b U Graphics card
October 22, 2012 6:15:49 PM

That's a really hard choice tbh. When I was faced with this choice I went for the Gigabyte Windforce 7950 3GB for a BTC rig. If having to make that choice again I'd likely go with the same card. This is mostly on account of the superior cooler (which is an Arctic Cooling Accelero in all but name only).

I'm not a fan of the Asus card because of the 3 slots it takes and I don't see that as being a better solution seeing as all Radeon HD 7950s tend to cap anywhere between 1,150 - 1,375MHz with the cooler rarely ever making a difference.

The MSI boards tend to have top quality components and I do enjoy my Radeon HD 7850 2GB Power Edition tbh.
!