[ET] Problem with playing online.

quirthanon

Distinguished
May 2, 2005
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Whenever I go online to play; I get to the server select screen to
select a server and everything is fine. However, after loading the
files from the server, sometimes includes a download, I get about 2
seconds of play and then the program restarts my computer. Any ideas
about why this is happening?
So far I've uninstalled and reinstalled RtCW: ET, updated
puckbuster, and updated video and sound drivers.

Thanks,
Quirthanon

randall

Distinguished
Jun 12, 2002
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

This is the old download crash bug. Go to www.splashdamage.com and download
the latest update. Much more stable.

"Quirthanon" <quirthanon@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I go online to play; I get to the server select screen to
> select a server and everything is fine. However, after loading the
> files from the server, sometimes includes a download, I get about 2
> seconds of play and then the program restarts my computer. Any ideas
> about why this is happening?
> So far I've uninstalled and reinstalled RtCW: ET, updated
> puckbuster, and updated video and sound drivers.
>
> Thanks,
> Quirthanon

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Update your directX drivers. You may want to run a dxdiag from the "run"
command to see if some kind of problem pops up. I'm betting you have an
Nvdia?

--
Todd Honea
"Quirthanon" <quirthanon@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I go online to play; I get to the server select screen to
> select a server and everything is fine. However, after loading the
> files from the server, sometimes includes a download, I get about 2
> seconds of play and then the program restarts my computer. Any ideas
> about why this is happening?
> So far I've uninstalled and reinstalled RtCW: ET, updated
> puckbuster, and updated video and sound drivers.
>
> Thanks,
> Quirthanon

quirthanon

Distinguished
May 2, 2005
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Well, I was already at DirectX 9.0c but I downloaded and installed
it again. That seemed to fix it, at least I haven't had the problem
since I did that.

Thanks for the help.
Quirthanon