First build, Buying tomorrow any changes?

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s2WV
I am going to be using this computer to play ultra on everything and beable to run fraps :D i want to make montages and edit things so thats why i have the 8 gb ram still questioning whethe to get this or the i7 3770k or i7 2700k any ways thanks :D
11 answers Last reply
More about first build buying tomorrow changes
  1. dumbidea said:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s2WV
    I am going to be using this computer to play ultra on everything and beable to run fraps :D i want to make montages and edit things so thats why i have the 8 gb ram still questioning whethe to get this or the i7 3770k or i7 2700k any ways thanks :D



    You got everything right, don't bother with a 3770k/2700k for gaming.

    Are you in canada? Because if you are not, that card can be had cheaper in newegg.


    And while I like sapphire, gigabyte has the better deal:

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125414


    And that power supply is a bit overkill unless you want to crossfire in the future???
  2. Nope i'm on the east coast in the US :D
    btw i decided to switch to a gigabyte 660ti oc 2gb instead it narks off around 100$
  3. dumbidea said:
    Nope i'm on the east coast in the US :D
    btw i decided to switch to a gigabyte 660ti oc 2gb instead it narks off around 100$



    Get the gigabyte, its $299 with 4 games and thanks to the newest drivers it stomps all over the 660 ti.
  4. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s3cR

    Some change i made, that gfx card at ~360$ is much expensive for a 7950, i put the in the list the best single card/single gpu out there (7970 ghz edition and comes with 3 games), also put low profile ram instead and a better monitor, put a much less expensive psu but also made by seasonic and change the case for a fractal r4 silent much less expensive.
  5. maxalge said:
    Get the gigabyte, its $299 with 4 games and thanks to the newest drivers it stomps all over the 660 ti.

    Are you talking about the 7870 2gb?
  6. djangoringo said:
    http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s3cR

    Some change i made, that gfx card at ~360$ is much expensive for a 7950, i put the in the list the best single card/single gpu out there (7970 ghz edition and comes with 3 games), also put low profile ram instead and a better monitor, put a much less expensive psu but also made by seasonic and change the case for a fractal r4 silent much less expensive.

    Thinking about that i think im going to do that but the 2gb one
  7. There's no 7970 2GB, you mean the 7870 ghz edition? cause it is way bellow of the 7970 ghz edition in terms of performance.


    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7970_GHz_Edition/images/perfrel_1920.gif
    http://tpucdn.com/reviews/AMD/HD_7970_GHz_Edition/images/perf_oc.gif
  8. dumbidea said:
    Are you talking about the 7870 2gb?



    No, the gigabyte 7950 is only $299.99 with 4 games free.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125414
  9. Pretty Good, a 3770k will not offer performance advantages over a 3570k in games, only in applications that utilize its multi threading (think video editing/rendering).

    I can't recommend an SSD more highly, they make your experience so much better in day to day use.

    If you were thinking about a 660 ti, compare it to a 7870, the 7870 will get you the same performance, but it is quite a bit cheaper.
  10. "I am going to be using this computer to play ultra on everything".
    At 1080p ultra/maxout for future games you're gonna need a high end card like 7970 or 670 gtx.
  11. maxalge said:
    No, the gigabyte 7950 is only $299.99 with 4 games free.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125414

    yeah im gonna have to go with that lol :D
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Computer Intel i7 Systems Product