recover from a saved game

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

If you accidentally save a game in a bad spot, is there a way to start the
level over again?
6 answers Last reply
More about recover saved game
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Spaz wrote:
    > If you accidentally save a game in a bad spot, is there a way to start the
    > level over again?

    Sure. If you know the mapname, you can bring down the console and type:

    /spdevmap (mapname)

    Or, if you've got other quicksaves in that level, just go to "load game" and
    load the quicksave you want.

    Tony
    --

    Anthony J. Bryant
    Website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com

    Grand Cross, Order of the Laurel:
    http://www.cafepress.com/laurelorder
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

    > Spaz wrote:
    > > If you accidentally save a game in a bad spot, is there a way to
    > > start the level over again?
    >
    > Sure. If you know the mapname, you can bring down the console and
    > type:
    >
    > /spdevmap (mapname)

    IIRC the game has to be started with cheats enabled to allow this, i.e.
    adding "+set sv_cheats 1" or similar to the exe parameters. Can't check
    this now but google should help.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@insightbb.comMUNGED> wrote in message

    > Sure. If you know the mapname, you can bring down the console and type:
    >
    > /spdevmap (mapname)
    >
    > Tony

    That worked!!! Thanks!!!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    "Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@insightbb.comMUNGED> wrote in message

    > /spdevmap (mapname)

    By the way, do you know how to select the skill level when using /spdevmap?
    I want to play "I am a Death Incarnate" level but it seems to have gone to a
    lower level when using the /spdevmap command. I looked for the skill level
    setting but I can't figure it out. Thanks!
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Spaz wrote:

    > By the way, do you know how to select the skill level when using /spdevmap?
    > I want to play "I am a Death Incarnate" level but it seems to have gone to a
    > lower level when using the /spdevmap command. I looked for the skill level
    > setting but I can't figure it out. Thanks!

    Hmmmm...

    Perhaps starting the game at DI and loading the map?

    Hm. No, that would revert like you said.

    That's a puzzler. Sorry, I'm afraid that's beyond me. Have you tried the forums
    at Planetwolfenstein.com?

    Tony
    --

    Anthony J. Bryant
    Website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com

    Grand Cross, Order of the Laurel:
    http://www.cafepress.com/laurelorder
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    > Hmmmm...
    >
    > Perhaps starting the game at DI and loading the map?
    >
    > Hm. No, that would revert like you said.
    >
    > That's a puzzler. Sorry, I'm afraid that's beyond me. Have you tried the
    > forums at Planetwolfenstein.com?
    >
    > Tony

    Not yet, but I did look at their list of commands and they only list the
    most common ones which don't seem to have anything to do with skill level
    selection. I'll keep trying. Thanks!

Games Video Games