recover from a saved game

Last response: in Video Games
Share
May 23, 2005 12:16:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

If you accidentally save a game in a bad spot, is there a way to start the
level over again?

More about : recover saved game

Anonymous
May 23, 2005 10:45:12 AM

Spaz wrote:
> If you accidentally save a game in a bad spot, is there a way to start the
> level over again?

Sure. If you know the mapname, you can bring down the console and type:

/spdevmap (mapname)

Or, if you've got other quicksaves in that level, just go to "load game" and
load the quicksave you want.

Tony
--

Anthony J. Bryant
Website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com

Grand Cross, Order of the Laurel:
http://www.cafepress.com/laurelorder
Anonymous
May 23, 2005 11:09:12 AM

Anthony J. Bryant wrote:

> Spaz wrote:
> > If you accidentally save a game in a bad spot, is there a way to
> > start the level over again?
>
> Sure. If you know the mapname, you can bring down the console and
> type:
>
> /spdevmap (mapname)

IIRC the game has to be started with cheats enabled to allow this, i.e.
adding "+set sv_cheats 1" or similar to the exe parameters. Can't check
this now but google should help.
Related resources
May 23, 2005 9:26:22 PM

"Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@insightbb.comMUNGED> wrote in message

> Sure. If you know the mapname, you can bring down the console and type:
>
> /spdevmap (mapname)
>
> Tony

That worked!!! Thanks!!!
May 24, 2005 12:58:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

"Anthony J. Bryant" <ajbryant@insightbb.comMUNGED> wrote in message

> /spdevmap (mapname)

By the way, do you know how to select the skill level when using /spdevmap?
I want to play "I am a Death Incarnate" level but it seems to have gone to a
lower level when using the /spdevmap command. I looked for the skill level
setting but I can't figure it out. Thanks!
Anonymous
May 24, 2005 9:04:07 AM

Spaz wrote:

> By the way, do you know how to select the skill level when using /spdevmap?
> I want to play "I am a Death Incarnate" level but it seems to have gone to a
> lower level when using the /spdevmap command. I looked for the skill level
> setting but I can't figure it out. Thanks!

Hmmmm...

Perhaps starting the game at DI and loading the map?

Hm. No, that would revert like you said.

That's a puzzler. Sorry, I'm afraid that's beyond me. Have you tried the forums
at Planetwolfenstein.com?

Tony
--

Anthony J. Bryant
Website: http://www.sengokudaimyo.com

Grand Cross, Order of the Laurel:
http://www.cafepress.com/laurelorder
May 24, 2005 9:04:08 AM

> Hmmmm...
>
> Perhaps starting the game at DI and loading the map?
>
> Hm. No, that would revert like you said.
>
> That's a puzzler. Sorry, I'm afraid that's beyond me. Have you tried the
> forums at Planetwolfenstein.com?
>
> Tony

Not yet, but I did look at their list of commands and they only list the
most common ones which don't seem to have anything to do with skill level
selection. I'll keep trying. Thanks!
!