key not reaching guidauth server

peter

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

I'm getting awful lot of these after upgrading to latest patch. Deleting
etkey file works, but I get assigned new GUID which screws up XPsave, plus
some server admins won't allow brand new player GUIDs on their servers. Any
ideas how to get rid of this stupid error?

Peter

Nex

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

yeh theres a lot of that going around.. i had to d/l cdweb.exe - a
punkbuster utility, and run that before going into games. seems to
work.

In article <e0e9b1lm927aa46q49nq832gd0nd0i7gvv@4ax.com>, nex@eff_yu.com wrote:

> yeh theres a lot of that going around.. i had to d/l cdweb.exe - a
> punkbuster utility, and run that before going into games. seems to
> work.
>

> On Fri, 17 Jun 2005 13:07:34 +0300, "Peter" <peter@greatnowhere.com>
> wrote:
>
>>I'm getting awful lot of these after upgrading to latest patch. Deleting
>>etkey file works, but I get assigned new GUID which screws up XPsave, plus
>>some server admins won't allow brand new player GUIDs on their servers. Any
>>ideas how to get rid of this stupid error?
>>
>>Peter

Hi,
this is what it says on the punkbuster website:
"(AUTHDOWN) means that the PB Guid Auth server is working, but that id's
cdkey auth server is down - please notify us of this condition via email
to support@evenbalance.com"
(in the Quake 3 section)

---
Custodial Artist