Sign in with
Your question

Erro 651

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
February 27, 2012 2:18:40 PM

This is my 10th try at trying to get a answer to my problem.

Subject:error 651

Problem: I cannot connect to my wireless connection.

Specifics: I installed system 7 and when I went to connect to my wireless connection I get a response that says that a connection is available but the computer experiencing error 651..

I have talked and downloaded and tried almost everything suggested.
I was told to download drivers for my ibm thinkpad r51 and this is what i'm trying to do now....Please help frustrated :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 

More about : erro 651

a b D Laptop
February 27, 2012 3:56:02 PM

dont keep posting the same question :non: 

if people can help then they will

have a bit of patience

google

raspppoe.sys error 651
m
l
a b F Wireless
a c 219 D Laptop
February 27, 2012 4:32:02 PM

Can't be your 10th attempt, you only have 2 posts. That laptop is from 2004, where did you install the drivers from? The only drivers for this model are for Vista, which may work. http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/research/hints-or-tips/...

There are two different WiFi drivers for different cards, will probably have to try both of them to see if either works.
m
l
Related resources
a b F Wireless
a b D Laptop
February 27, 2012 4:47:33 PM

www.intel.com

Yours will be one one ..

Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965ag
Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965agn
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945bg Network Connection
Intel PRO/Wireless 3945abg Network Connection
Intel PRO/Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection
Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG Network Connection
or

IBM 11b/g WLAN Mini PCI adapter
IBM 11a/b/g WLAN Mini PCI Adapter II
ThinkPad 11b/g, 11a/b/g, 11b/g/n, 11a/b/g/n WLAN Mini PCI Express Adapter
ThinkPad 11b/g WLAN Mini PCI Express Adapter II
ThinkPad 11b/g WLAN Mini PCI Express Adapter III
m
l
a b D Laptop
February 27, 2012 4:57:18 PM

doesnt actually have to be one of those

you can stick any wireless card in there that fits the mini pci slot
m
l
March 9, 2012 12:00:02 PM

Hello, In an effort to deal with my frustration over this problem I will try to keep a sense of humor...I will try but I have tried numerous solutions and have spent time which I have and money which i have very limited access to. (I'm unemployed and the Internet is a needed tool to help change this situation:) 
Lets try this. Imagine you are in front of a IBM thinkpad r51 and you boot the computer and you try to open windows explorer or mozilla and the response you get is there connections available but you are experiencing error 651. To get the whole picture here is how the problem started.
The computer was a friend of mine and it had Vista as its environment.
I had access to the internet but it was unable to download plugins because he couldn't remember his administrators password so we wiped out vista and installed system 7 and that is where this problem started.

I did go on a Microsoft helpline and spent three hours and $38.00 trying to resolve this without success. I'm looking for a simple solution at the cheapest way out. If you were me and this is your problem what would you do.. I know you are not me and I am grateful for that because I'm hoping that you are smart enough to look at this and say Wow this is so simple and all you to do is this....

In my quest to solve this I have reached out to many sites and Tom's Hardware seems to be the only site consistent in helping with this challenge. Thanks

So here I am hat in hand looking for a simple inexpensive solution remember I'm limited in the knowledge understanding the mysteries of the inner sanctum of the computer mysteries that a select population of the world are given to understand..
If I had the resources to just go out and buy another computer I would unfortunately that is not an option for me right now...
I hope someone will pick up the gauntlet and champion my cause and lead this humble computer illiterate through this situation...u
My faith is in your hands and the challenge is there for the taking..
With great appreciation for any effort offered!
Yours truly, Dennis J Flaherty :pt1cable:  :pt1cable: 

Hi there,

First of all, thanks for using our Lenovo Support website!

We received your comments as per below:
>> Category:I chose Networking Wireless LAN in the category.For operating system: I chose system 7.The response I received was no Match? my email spectrum1552@yahoo.com

Answer to your question : R51 is a old system and hence we do not have Win 7 drivers for R51 system. Hope this is clear.

Let us know if there is anything that we could offer you.
We appreciate your feedback.

Thanks.
Catherine from Lenovo eSupport Team

Lenovo_Services_email_sig
m
l
a b D Laptop
March 9, 2012 12:21:02 PM

try thinkvantage update software--though you will need to connect it with an ethernet cable to download

whatever it finds--works on windows 7 and will download for you any available updates and drivers

http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID...

i have used windows 7 on r51 before though it depends which wireless card you have

you can use this software free for 30 days--it will tell you all your pc hardware including make and model

number of your wireless card

http://www.aida64.com/
m
l
a b F Wireless
a c 219 D Laptop
March 9, 2012 1:27:14 PM

Since Windows 7 does not work on that system, re-install Vista or try using the Vista drivers with Windows 7 manually (when the wizard starts point it to the files from the driver download) or get an external wireless card that does have Windows 7 support.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Buying the card is probably the fastest way.
m
l
!