Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Best Performance for a ~$250 Budget

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 23, 2012 2:35:37 AM

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within a month.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Mostly gaming, maybe a bit of internet surfing.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: I have a XFX 7870 in mind, this will be for a new build. Rosewill Hive 550W.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: CPU: i5-3570k, ASRock Z77 Extreme3, Patriot Gamer 2 Series 2x4GB.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: I have heard a lot of good things about NVIDIA cards, so I would like to hear some things about them.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1200

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Just want to see if NVIDIA has any better cards, or if anyone suggests a better manufacturer for the 7870. NO MSI, MSI=DEATH. Unless you can give me a majority of customers that haven't had their card crap out on them.

More about : performance 250 budget

Best solution

October 23, 2012 2:53:27 AM

Poltregeist said:
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Within a month.

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Mostly gaming, maybe a bit of internet surfing.

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: I have a XFX 7870 in mind, this will be for a new build. Rosewill Hive 550W.

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: CPU: i5-3570k, ASRock Z77 Extreme3, Patriot Gamer 2 Series 2x4GB.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Newegg

PARTS PREFERENCES: I have heard a lot of good things about NVIDIA cards, so I would like to hear some things about them.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1920x1200

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Just want to see if NVIDIA has any better cards, or if anyone suggests a better manufacturer for the 7870. NO MSI, MSI=DEATH. Unless you can give me a majority of customers that haven't had their card crap out on them.

According to this site, in their "best graphics card for the money" article, the best card for you right now is the HD 7870 or the GTX 660.

What about this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
for 210 dollars is crazy cheap, and it's a good card.
October 23, 2012 3:02:33 AM

julianbautista87 said:
According to this site, in their "best graphics card for the money" article, the best card for you right now is the HD 7870 or the GTX 660.

That's the exact one I have had my eye on, but I wanted a few other options, preferably NVIDIA. And more towards the $250 and slightly above. Maybe a higher end 660 or low end 660 ti?
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 23, 2012 3:07:35 AM

julianbautista87 said:

I second this. Though the 7870 is better for your money if you can find one for $220 (And you often can on newegg).
m
l
October 30, 2012 12:09:00 AM

Best answer selected by Poltregeist.
m
l
!