GTX 680 - But which manufacturer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

miansc

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hey guys,

I'm building a new gaming PC and I'm really stuck on which GTX 680 manufacturer to choose.

A friend has suggested the Galaxy 4gb OC'd 680, but it does not seem to be a very 'popular' product. I do like the way it has three big fans to cool it down though.

Then there's EVGA, which people seem to highly recommend. then of course geforece, MSI, etc..

But I think it's out of those too at the moment, the Galaxy seems really robust.

I want to basically choose the card that provides the best temperatures, cooling, and I suppose speed.

TL;DR Which manufacturer makes 'the best' GTX 680?

The setup so far:

NQHvJ.png

Cheers!

Solution
If your not wanting to overclock it yourself or do bios mods and volt mods the 670 i recommended is a good choice or Asus GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP
Asus GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP get's my vote why not just buy a 670 MSI GeForce GTX 670 Power Edition OC uses the famous Twin Frozr IV cooler from the MSI Lightning and comes with a large clock speed boost out of the box, making its default clock speed even higher than GTX 680 stock clocks.

miansc

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

forgot to include the noise of it, everything you suggested is what I determine a 'better' card than another.

gaming, rendering. I wanna thrash the bitch :)

I will definently check the 670 mate, thanks. It will save me a bit of cash too I presume. But if it's default clock speed is faster then the 680's I will check it for sure.

miansc

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

Had no idea of the 670's power, thanks@

Nah I'm not, I will however be looking to use the best possible setup I can to keep my components cool.

Cheers buddy

miansc

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

Too easy, thanks.

I guess my next question is, apart from factory overclocking, can these other manufactures actually offer a better performing 'gtx 670/680' even though they use the same nVidia chip?

miansc

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
I prefer factory overclocks/tampering, lol. I was never into pc gaming till a few months ago, so still learning about the setups/hardware. I'm more of a coder than a hardware enthusiast.

If your not wanting to overclock it yourself or do bios mods and volt mods the 670 i recommended is a good choice or Asus GeForce GTX 680 DirectCU II TOP

Solution

The_Assassin

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2012

The ASUS DC2T comes clocked the highest but the Lightning is right behind and if you just follow a few steps, the Lightning will surpass it on clocks and can be voltage controlled.

miansc

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012

Is this the 680 or 670?

miansc

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Yeah that's like everything dude.. massive US based companies so obviously you guys get it cheaper sadface

Yeah might get that or one of the other suggested ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.