Sign in with
Your question

Last Minute Look Over

Last response: in Systems
December 12, 2012 2:47:59 PM

I'm about to start buying the parts for this computer, and I just wanted to get one more quick look over it before I start the buying process.

I am going to use it for gaming, and some homework (MS word and the like) and then just regular internet surfing.

I do not need an OS system, or monitor, or optical drive, or even a hard drive (taking the ones I have in my current machine)

I will Not be overclocking anything.

Originally I was looking for something relatively cheap, but will work well, and that can be upgraded as the money came in (so somewhat future proof). But my budget got raised a bit so I threw some better parts in, and now I want to make sure all is well.

My main concern is bottlenecking, and the fact that my GPU ( Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 might be too large, because from what Ive read it is 11 inches, so I want to make sure it will fit in my case without a lot of hassle).

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/r5Wu

So any last minute ideas, or problems please let me know!!

Thank You!

More about : minute

December 12, 2012 2:53:45 PM

bottle necking from what? I don't see a problem here. Also the gpu should fit almost all mid towers.
m
l
December 12, 2012 2:53:51 PM

Card size H= 42.5mm, L=280 mm, W=134 mm

measure your actual case to see if it will fit if not, get a bigger case too.
m
l
Related resources
December 12, 2012 3:05:13 PM

From what I can tell, and the specs I have looked at the card should fit, I just wanted to double check before buying everything.
m
l
December 12, 2012 3:05:36 PM

there are no problems with this build..just get a 2*4gb 1600 RAM from any good brand..its only going cost a couple of bucks more.
m
l
December 12, 2012 3:17:46 PM

Alright, I will do that. Thank you very much for taking one last look. =)
m
l
December 12, 2012 3:34:45 PM

Foreign-Object said:
Alright, I will do that. Thank you very much for taking one last look. =)

Happy to help..best of luck with the build
m
l
!