Something wrong with the GPU ??

hi,

If you change the brightness of your screen does it get any better, it might be on a text mode or something.

try it in movie mode.

If not, chech your ingame setting might be at low resolution.

What the rest of your components ?

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
did you adjusted the gamma? looks like the gamma is too high...

EDIT: maybe the monitor calibration isn't right, if that is the problem we will not see any problem in that image, like i said, it looks like the gamma is too high.

Try it in other screens or calibrate your screen.

tuhi009

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Thanks for the replies.

Adjusting the gamma improved a little.

I should also mention that I this happens with Images and Games with dark scenes.

But never with videos

ricardois

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011

Is this problem happening on other games? or just dark souls, this game is a console port, and because of that there are some problems, for instance, to use 1080p it requires a fix... and that fix requires you to remove all the game effects on the game menu, and use only the config file from the fix.

Were you using that fix? if yes, you can tune the settings on config file for that specific game.

If this is happening in other games too i bet that you have not adjusted the gamma, or maybe your monitor/television isn't calibrated making those effect look worse than they really are.

excluding dark souls, try to run your games at your native resolution for better image quality, lowering resolution will fix some problems but you will be stretching the image.