darkjewel08

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Hello everyone!

I’m really a newbie when it comes to build a pc from scratch so I need your help.
After researching and asking around I came up with this components:

Processor Intel Core i5 3470 Quad-Core C/GPU 3.2GHZ @ 3.6GHZ (Ivy Bridge)
Motherboard MSI H77MA-G43 DDR3 LGA1155
Video Card MSI GeForce GTX 650 Ti Power Edition OC 1GB GDDR5 128-bit PCI-E
Ram 4GB DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu 1600MHZ C/Disipador Azul
Hard disk 3.5'' Western Digital 500GB Caviar Blue SATA3 6gb/s
Power Source Sentey BRP700 700W
Case Sentey Blackbox BX1-4284

Is it ok to play the latest games?
I have a limited budget and I want to be set for the future, so what do you think?

I appreciate the help!

Solution
from a quick search the i52500k is 100mhz faster, and has a 100mhz faster "turbo" speed

while 100mhz is not a significant difference compared to what it used to be it can make a small difference in terms of performance when gaming, whether its something you, i, or anyone else would notice however will vary, if the price is acceptable go for the i5 2500k as suggested, if its a bit out of your reach go for the original chip.

in my own experience the processor while very important, has a smaller share of the workload then in previous years, certainly it does make a difference when loading large scenes and new areas faster but some of the important bottlenecks that used to rely on the processor are becoming less crowded due to new...

darkjewel08

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012

Thank you for your answer. Can you tell me why is it better?

Theb_Sol

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
from a quick search the i52500k is 100mhz faster, and has a 100mhz faster "turbo" speed

while 100mhz is not a significant difference compared to what it used to be it can make a small difference in terms of performance when gaming, whether its something you, i, or anyone else would notice however will vary, if the price is acceptable go for the i5 2500k as suggested, if its a bit out of your reach go for the original chip.

in my own experience the processor while very important, has a smaller share of the workload then in previous years, certainly it does make a difference when loading large scenes and new areas faster but some of the important bottlenecks that used to rely on the processor are becoming less crowded due to new programming and system architecture

anyhow just my personal insight into things enjoy the new build whichever direction you go.

Solution