Blackhawk is awesome in the city maps

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

I love flying it low and slow with a full crew, i rack up at least 50
assist points while my squad mows down the enemy from above
7 answers Last reply
More about blackhawk awesome city maps
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    reggie white wrote:
    > I love flying it low and slow with a full crew, i rack up at least 50
    > assist points while my squad mows down the enemy from above

    I played in a city map last night, and invited a bunch of other players
    to join my squad, which they did. For the longest while, our squad of
    six players supported each other superbly and held 2 flags. It was
    great. The kind of teamplay only rarely achieved earlier.

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    >>>>> "reggie" == reggie white <reggie@white.com> writes:

    reggie> helicopter at all costs. The squad thing is the best idea I've
    reggie> ever seen for a multiplayer game. (Joint Ops had it too but it
    reggie> was useless in its implementation)

    Yeah, I'm loving it too. Now I'm preferring servers that have VOIP
    running, I feel disconnected from the squad if we can't talk to each
    other. And becoming more frustrated when half the team are lone
    wolves and I spend most of my time spawning ...

    --
    Michael Bain
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen wrote:
    > reggie white wrote:
    >
    >> I love flying it low and slow with a full crew, i rack up at least 50
    >> assist points while my squad mows down the enemy from above
    >
    >
    > I played in a city map last night, and invited a bunch of other players
    > to join my squad, which they did. For the longest while, our squad of
    > six players supported each other superbly and held 2 flags. It was
    > great. The kind of teamplay only rarely achieved earlier.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Achtung Ecco

    I was doing it on a public server, named my squad Blackhawk and we all
    developed an attachment to protecting our helicopter at all costs. The
    squad thing is the best idea I've ever seen for a multiplayer game.
    (Joint Ops had it too but it was useless in its implementation)
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen <nospam@nospam.no> wrote in news:42c25e67$0$63683
    $edfadb0f@dread15.news.tele.dk:

    > I played in a city map last night, and invited a bunch of other players
    > to join my squad, which they did. For the longest while, our squad of
    > six players supported each other superbly and held 2 flags. It was
    > great. The kind of teamplay only rarely achieved earlier.

    The average player has no idea the power of a well-crewed transport. Even
    without the kills you mop up points on taking CP's almost instantly.

    BTW, I haven't figured out how to tell my flare launcher condition. Is
    there an indicator to show whether I'm empty or how long before the
    launcher is ready again? The biggest threat to a good transport is a
    stinger emplacement, followed by fixed wing jockies. Right now I hate the
    sound of the lock on tone because I don't know if my flares are going to
    work.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Michael Bain wrote:
    >>>>>>"reggie" == reggie white <reggie@white.com> writes:
    >
    >
    > reggie> helicopter at all costs. The squad thing is the best idea I've
    > reggie> ever seen for a multiplayer game. (Joint Ops had it too but it
    > reggie> was useless in its implementation)
    >
    > Yeah, I'm loving it too. Now I'm preferring servers that have VOIP
    > running, I feel disconnected from the squad if we can't talk to each
    > other. And becoming more frustrated when half the team are lone
    > wolves and I spend most of my time spawning ...

    Try to go to the "Manage Squad"-tab (on the spawn screen or the
    caps-lock , can't remember). There it is possible to invite players to
    you squad. People very often join up, when invited. A squad with 6
    players cooperating is an awesome war machine ;-)

    regards,

    Achtung Ecco
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    Achtung Ecco wrote:
    > Michael Bain wrote:
    >
    >>>>>>> "reggie" == reggie white <reggie@white.com> writes:
    >>
    >>
    >>
    >> reggie> helicopter at all costs. The squad thing is the best idea I've
    >> reggie> ever seen for a multiplayer game. (Joint Ops had it too but it
    >> reggie> was useless in its implementation)
    >>
    >> Yeah, I'm loving it too. Now I'm preferring servers that have VOIP
    >> running, I feel disconnected from the squad if we can't talk to each
    >> other. And becoming more frustrated when half the team are lone
    >> wolves and I spend most of my time spawning ...
    >
    >
    > Try to go to the "Manage Squad"-tab (on the spawn screen or the
    > caps-lock , can't remember). There it is possible to invite players to
    > you squad. People very often join up, when invited. A squad with 6
    > players cooperating is an awesome war machine ;-)

    There's the magic word........'cooperating', works then, but when your
    squad scatters to the 4 corners and act like mercenaries.......Look out !

    --
    Jez, MBA.,
    Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

    'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
    notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
    led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
    that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
    skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
    Howard Zinn
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

    It's a good feeling when it all goes right...
Ask a new question

Read More

Games Video Games