Sign in with
Your question

64-bit Card versus 128-bit cards

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 23, 2012 7:05:50 PM

Hi everybody :

I think I'm going to have to replace my video card. Currently, I'm using the NVidia GeForce 210.
My System : Windows XP Pro/ 32-bit
3 Gb RAM
ASUS M3A78-EM Motherboard
AMD Athlon II x2 240 2.8 Ghz Dual Core Processor
350 Watt Power Supply

When I bootup, most of the time the display has a 'green' tint to it. And....most of the time, after booting up
it'll change to 'normal' color. Sometimes, when the color stays green (I know this CAN be dangerous), I tap
the side of the tower, and the color returns to normal. Then other times, while I've got a 'session' going, the
the screen 'flickers' from normal color to green, and then back to normal. Usually, after the machine is
running for a while, the color stays normal.
I checked Device Manager. Noticed under MONITOR, that it just said "Plug and Play". I udpdated it, and
now, it shows the driver for my Monitor (HPx20LED). I figured that was the problem. I don't think so. The
problem still persists (intermittenly).
One time in the past, I checked the video cable. I could feel it needed tightening. I did tighten it.....to
"finger tight", not using any tools to tighten it. The problem stopped. So I can only guess that it could be
either a Memory Problem or too many programs at START UP......or too much running in the background ?

NOTE : I'm using Norton 360 and the newer version of Diskeeper.

garystan1952
a c 503 U Graphics card
October 23, 2012 7:15:34 PM

Quote:
... One time in the past, I checked the video cable. I could feel it needed tightening. I did tighten it.....to
"finger tight", not using any tools to tighten it. The problem stopped.
So I can only guess that it could be
either a Memory Problem or too many programs at START UP......or too much running in the background ? ...
It was caused by the loose video cable.
!