New member, new build

slubbermand

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Hi guys

I've been enjoying the forum in the shadows for some time now and decided that it might be fitting to become a full member, now that I'm building my first PC.

Since I'm on a budget (about 750€), and wanted to squeeze as much juice out my money as possible, any feedback will be highly appreciated, but primarily I'm posting for others to see how much can be done with little :D

CPU:
Intel® Core i5-3350P
- Nice brain, good longevity and the fact that they removed the internal graphics makes it more power-efficient and cheap

CPU cooler:
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
- Has a very nice price/performance ratio

GPU:
MSI GeForce GTX 660Ti 2GB PhysX CUDA
- I was going for the GTX670, but it was just too much money. This one fits pretty well with my budget, and there is still a lot of power

RAM:
2*Kingston DDR3 HyperX SO-DIMM 1866MHz (8GB)
- I'm probably going to buy a set of G.Skill Ripjaws 2 x 4GB instead for the price cut

HDD:
Samsung SSD 830 Series 128GB 2.5" OEM
- As I don't need a lot of storage (got two 1TB externals), its just for OS and programs, where I currently only use 80GB of my HDD

MOBO:
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H, LGA1155 socket
- Relatively cheap, and has some upgrade options

PSU:
XFX ProSeries Core Edition 550W
- Good power supply, fairly decent reviews all-round and bronze certified

Since I'm calculating the price in DKK, it gets a little weird to post component prices, but as of now, the built is about 770€ (little over budget but its okay).

So, any comments will be appreciated, but I think its a pretty solid build. Couldn't have done it without this forum and the excellent posts of users like Proximon and the entertaining BestConfigs thread :)

PoplicoMan

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
Hmmmmm
-With the RAM youre better off buying a good 1600Mhz set anyways
-The SSD is OEM so will you have an extra SATA cable?
-Look at the 7950 for GPU
-If your proc is unable to OC why buy the cooler

slubbermand

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012

Did some research, and you're probably right about the RAM and GPU. It is only a little more expensive and should bring more bang.

However what do you mean about the SSD? I will have to buy a SATA cable yes, since they only ship it with with SATA to USB.

As you can probably guess, I'm fairly noobish when it comes down to it so I just thought that you needed a CPU cooler always :D

TRENDING THREADS