$500-600 gaming pc OR laptop (bad idea i know)

This was for the Desktop

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/s6oR

Thing is, I need the OS too so it would be more like $600

If possible can someone recommend me a laptop as well? same price range

I want to be able to run games on low/med without problems. My current comp is a POS and I just want a reasonable replacement for a year or 2
8 answers Last reply
More about gaming laptop idea know
  1. Hiii said:


    Thanks a lot, safe to pull the trigger on this?

    CPU
    Intel Pentium G850 (Sandy Bridge): 2.9 GHz Base Clock Rate, No Turbo Boost, 3 MB Shared L3 Cache
    $70

    Heat Sink
    Intel Boxed Heat Sink and Fan
    0

    Motherboard
    ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP: LGA 1155, Intel H77 Express
    $70

    RAM
    G.Skill Value Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT $34

    Graphics
    PowerColor AX7850 1GBD5-DH: Radeon HD 7850 1 GB $170

    Hard Drive
    Western Digital WD3200AAKX: 320 GB, 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive
    $65

    Case
    Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid-Tower $40
    Power Supply

    Antec VP-450 450 W $36
    Optical Drive

    LG 24x DVD Burner SATA Model GH24NS90-OEM $16

    Total Price $501

    I am assuming the heat sink/fan comes with the CPU?
  2. I think its ok to buy, i guess the CPU comes with a heatsink.
  3. PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($62.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3R 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($60.60 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($162.55 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($31.64 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On IHAS324-98 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $602.72
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
  4. frankcomputer said:
    Thanks a lot, safe to pull the trigger on this?

    CPU
    Intel Pentium G850 (Sandy Bridge): 2.9 GHz Base Clock Rate, No Turbo Boost, 3 MB Shared L3 Cache
    $70

    Heat Sink
    Intel Boxed Heat Sink and Fan
    0

    Motherboard
    ASRock H77 Pro4/MVP: LGA 1155, Intel H77 Express
    $70

    RAM
    G.Skill Value Series 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR3-1333 F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT $34

    Graphics
    PowerColor AX7850 1GBD5-DH: Radeon HD 7850 1 GB $170

    Hard Drive
    Western Digital WD3200AAKX: 320 GB, 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s Hard Drive
    $65

    Case
    Rosewill Blackbone ATX Mid-Tower $40
    Power Supply

    Antec VP-450 450 W $36
    Optical Drive

    LG 24x DVD Burner SATA Model GH24NS90-OEM $16

    Total Price $501

    I am assuming the heat sink/fan comes with the CPU?


    dont get a Pentium, they are becoming one of Intels older worse proccesors. shell out some money and at least get an i3 of some kind

    also that GPU is amazing for sort of a low end system.
  5. gommer556 said:
    dont get a Pentium, they are becoming one of Intels older worse proccesors. shell out some money and at least get an i3 of some kind

    also that GPU is amazing for sort of a low end system.


    Anonymous said:
    PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

    CPU: Intel Core i3-3220 3.3GHz Dual-Core Processor ($109.99 @ NCIX US)
    Motherboard: MSI B75MA-P45 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($62.99 @ Amazon)
    Memory: Samsung 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($34.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F3R 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($60.60 @ Amazon)
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD 7850 1GB Video Card ($162.55 @ Newegg)
    Case: NZXT Gamma Classic (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($34.99 @ Amazon)
    Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($31.64 @ NCIX US)
    Optical Drive: Lite-On IHAS324-98 DVD/CD Writer ($14.99 @ Newegg)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($89.98 @ Outlet PC)
    Total: $602.72
    (Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)


    Is this better? Most likely going to have to get the parts after xmas :/

    Thanks
  6. Ok, going to pull the trigger, should I buy all of the parts off of new egg? Still want to get the laptop b/c I don't want to break anything putting the computer together...But understanding how much more performance the desktop has makes the laptop not even an otion.
  7. A $500 desktop will be 3 times as powerful as a similarly priced laptop easily, for gaming.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Laptops Gaming Systems Product