Graphics Card Very Slow

adam211

Honorable
Oct 23, 2012
Hey everyone,

I have a laptop with an i5 2.5Ghz processor, 8GB of Ram and a Nvidia GT 520MX 1GB Graphics card, all on Windows 8 Pro x64. Correct me if I'm wrong but this should be sufficient to play games. I was playing Need For Speed Hot Pursuit with graphics on low and half what the screen resolution should be, and the video was so lagy

Does anyone know if their are any options on my computer that could be doing this?

Thanks!

The 520 is more of a general use card. By that I mean its extremely low end and won't really play very many games well at all. If your drivers are up to date I doubt theres much you can do. The fact that its a mobile card just makes it worse (they are weaker then the desktop counter parts). Sure hope you didn't pay an arm and a leg for it.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
No one gets that just saying 1 GB of memory means absolutely nothing. On gaming forms I've asked what GPU people have when they are having frame rate issues and all they say is a NVidia 1 GB card. That could explain about 50 different things. 1 GB DDR3 for example is worst than 1 GB GDDR5. The main thing is the GPU itself where in your case the 520m is a weak one. You can get a $30 card with 1 GB of memory or even a $300 card.

okc

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

okc

Honorable
Dec 29, 2012

this win 8 is not the user friendly version . can not find the shut down
button also , USB thumb drive also give me problem , some of the drive can not recognize by the software , for the graphic you can try go to the application ICON, right click , then go to the "Run with the graphic processor " to set the default. because this version of computer come with two graphic adapter, (can not understand the purpose) , other method is go to the device manager to disable the graphic adapter, turn off PC , then enable again. try it , good luck .

just to tell you. my Asus Note Book K45 is run faster then the A45, K45 is run on Win7, and brought in April 2012.