Random Program Crashes and BSODs

Maelstrome26

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
Hey guys.

I'm having a major problem with my main gaming machine. It's suffering from a lot of crashes lately. These could be a game crash where it crashes to desktop, or a entire BSOD.

It seems to crash more when there's something graphically intensive going on, such as a game or HD video. I've not been able to narrow down the crashing to anything specific however, nothing seems to directly contribute to it except for the type of program I'm running.

These games that I've recently been playing all have shown crashing at some point:

Planetside 2 (big crasher!)
Borderlands 2 (also huge crasher)
Assassin's Creed 3
Star Trek Online

I've installed Who's Crashed and found that many of the bluescreens are related to:
nvlddmkm.sys (PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA)
dxgmmms1.sys (same error) x2
win32k.sys (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)
ntoskrnl.exe (PFN_LIST_CORRUPT)
ntoskrnl.exe (MEMORY_MANAGEMENT)

My first thought would be errors in RAM. I ran a full Memtest for 8 passes (12 hours) with no errors at all.

Now, there are 2 reasons this could be for:

1: My motherboard is MATX, which is a bit on the small side for my Graphics card (big thing it is!) I've managed to slot it in, but I don't feel its secure. However, I've had these crashes before swapping to this motherboard and graphics card.

2: My CPU (Q6600) is getting rather old. It's easily 6 years old now. Is it possibly wearing out?

3: My PSU is at a rating of 1KW, I've looked at the volts and they seem to be within range.

I've done many full wipes, they don't make a difference.

Below are my system specs:

CPU: Intel Q6600 (2.4GHz) 1066MHz FSB
RAM: Muskin 8GB DDR3
Mobo: MSI G41M-P28
Sound: Onboard (got correct drivers)
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 570
Keyboard: Logitech G15 (the lights flicker on this... I presume it wouldn't cause problems?)
Mouse: Logitech G5
PSU: Cooler Master RS-A00-ESBA 1000W