GTX 570 is running extremely hot

taintedducky

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
My GTX 570 was running Battlefield 3 at around 60-65 degrees last year. I've had two monitors for the last two years. Fast forward a couple months, and my GPU is running at 90 degrees. I have no idea for why this could be happening. Please help. I'm not sure if it needs a dusting, or the fan is broken.

G

have you updated the drivers?

i have seen folks get hotter temps with some drivers on the 3d guru forums esp when there is a performance increase.

taintedducky

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Do you think I should replace the thermal paste on it? I haven't touched it since I got it, so the thermal paste used is the stock thermal paste.

Also, some more stats; I used to run Battlefield : Bad Company 2 at about 60 degrees, and I run it at 90 now....

I'm sure something's broken

I'm sure replacing the thermal paste would be a good thing, if you are comfortable taking apart your card.

I'm skeptical about you playing BFBC2 at 60c, unless you were running with VSync on and 60% GPU usage. The reference cooler just doesn't work that well. Temps in the 80c's should be the norm, even hitting 90c for a brief moment wouldn't be unusual. Ambient room temps and case cooling make a big difference.