wolfenstein ET crash

Last response: in Video Games
September 19, 2005 10:01:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

(I'm from the Netherlands, so don't mind my English..)

I'm having some problems with Wolfenstein ET lately and I can't solve
them on my own.. so thats why I post this topic. When I dowloaded ET
the first time this year everything worked fine, but after a while the
computer crashed time after time. And when I say crash.. I mean CRASH!!
The computer easily loads the game.. and I can join a server without
any problems, but as soon as I'm in the game for a few seconds... it
stops playing!! Frame freeze and no sound. ALT+CTRL+DELETE... ALT+F4...
ESC... nothing. I have to push the reset button to reboot, because
anything else won't work.
I bought the computer (laptop) Februari this year, so it's practicly
brand new. And I don't find any problems playing games like Doom3!!

Can someone please help me???

Thanks

More about : wolfenstein crash

Anonymous
September 19, 2005 6:45:39 PM

On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 06:01:07 -0700, billnuca wrote:

> I'm having some problems with Wolfenstein ET lately and I can't solve
> them on my own.. so thats why I post this topic. When I dowloaded ET
> the first time this year everything worked fine, but after a while the
> computer crashed time after time. And when I say crash.. I mean CRASH!!

Do the following, (in order of increasing complexity), until it's fixed:
1. Uninstall and reinstall your video driver.
2. Uninstall and reinstall ET.
3. Remove Windoze from your computer and install Linux.

Linux Registered User #327951
Anonymous
September 20, 2005 1:37:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

On 19 Sep 2005 06:01:07 -0700, "billnuca" <bigbenbomb@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>(I'm from the Netherlands, so don't mind my English..)
>
>I'm having some problems with Wolfenstein ET lately and I can't solve
>them on my own.. so thats why I post this topic. When I dowloaded ET
>the first time this year everything worked fine, but after a while the
>computer crashed time after time. And when I say crash.. I mean CRASH!!
>The computer easily loads the game.. and I can join a server without
>any problems, but as soon as I'm in the game for a few seconds... it
>stops playing!! Frame freeze and no sound. ALT+CTRL+DELETE... ALT+F4...
>ESC... nothing. I have to push the reset button to reboot, because
>anything else won't work.
>I bought the computer (laptop) Februari this year, so it's practicly
>brand new. And I don't find any problems playing games like Doom3!!
>
>Can someone please help me???
>
>Thanks

1 - you need etwc.exe (search with google) its a program that you run
before ET. It allows you to exit even in difficult cases.
2 - reinstall the game in an other directory. If some .pk3 files are
corrupted it may just do that.
September 20, 2005 8:25:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

Ok... Thanks guys. I'll Try it out right away. I let you know if it
worked
!! Ltr..
December 22, 2005 10:19:26 PM

Well... what happens if ET is crashing in Linux! I need to fix that!
I can start the game, i can view the list of servers, depending on how fast i do it i can get into the game. but the game crashes in 3 to 5 min without fail. it gets back to my KDE desktop. does that have anything to do with .pk3 files?
!