wolfenstein ET crash

Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

(I'm from the Netherlands, so don't mind my English..)

I'm having some problems with Wolfenstein ET lately and I can't solve
them on my own.. so thats why I post this topic. When I dowloaded ET
the first time this year everything worked fine, but after a while the
computer crashed time after time. And when I say crash.. I mean CRASH!!
The computer easily loads the game.. and I can join a server without
any problems, but as soon as I'm in the game for a few seconds... it
stops playing!! Frame freeze and no sound. ALT+CTRL+DELETE... ALT+F4...
ESC... nothing. I have to push the reset button to reboot, because
anything else won't work.
I bought the computer (laptop) Februari this year, so it's practicly
brand new. And I don't find any problems playing games like Doom3!!

Can someone please help me???

Thanks
4 answers Last reply
More about wolfenstein crash
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On Mon, 19 Sep 2005 06:01:07 -0700, billnuca wrote:

    > I'm having some problems with Wolfenstein ET lately and I can't solve
    > them on my own.. so thats why I post this topic. When I dowloaded ET
    > the first time this year everything worked fine, but after a while the
    > computer crashed time after time. And when I say crash.. I mean CRASH!!

    Do the following, (in order of increasing complexity), until it's fixed:
    1. Uninstall and reinstall your video driver.
    2. Uninstall and reinstall ET.
    3. Remove Windoze from your computer and install Linux.

    Linux Registered User #327951
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    On 19 Sep 2005 06:01:07 -0700, "billnuca" <bigbenbomb@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >(I'm from the Netherlands, so don't mind my English..)
    >
    >I'm having some problems with Wolfenstein ET lately and I can't solve
    >them on my own.. so thats why I post this topic. When I dowloaded ET
    >the first time this year everything worked fine, but after a while the
    >computer crashed time after time. And when I say crash.. I mean CRASH!!
    >The computer easily loads the game.. and I can join a server without
    >any problems, but as soon as I'm in the game for a few seconds... it
    >stops playing!! Frame freeze and no sound. ALT+CTRL+DELETE... ALT+F4...
    >ESC... nothing. I have to push the reset button to reboot, because
    >anything else won't work.
    >I bought the computer (laptop) Februari this year, so it's practicly
    >brand new. And I don't find any problems playing games like Doom3!!
    >
    >Can someone please help me???
    >
    >Thanks

    1 - you need etwc.exe (search with google) its a program that you run
    before ET. It allows you to exit even in difficult cases.
    2 - reinstall the game in an other directory. If some .pk3 files are
    corrupted it may just do that.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.wolfenstein (More info?)

    Ok... Thanks guys. I'll Try it out right away. I let you know if it
    worked
    !! Ltr..
  4. Well... what happens if ET is crashing in Linux! I need to fix that!
    I can start the game, i can view the list of servers, depending on how fast i do it i can get into the game. but the game crashes in 3 to 5 min without fail. it gets back to my KDE desktop. does that have anything to do with .pk3 files?

Computers Crash Video Games