xp modem drivers massive problems need help!!!!!

ToMo

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

Hi i have had this problem for a few months. I can't update any programs, or
use programs like windows messenger and outlook express. Programs like kazza
lite also don't work. Eventhough i have these internet problems i can still
use internet explorer fine. I reformated my computer and reinstalled xp pro
again but the problem remains. At the moment i have 2 operating systems
installed (win98 & xp pro) on my computer and the win 98 is working fine. I
can use windows messenger, kazza and outlook express fine eventhough that xp
does not allow me.

Is the problem that the modem isn't supported by xp?
If so, y did it use to work?
And y did it go wrong all of a sudden?

Please reply.

My computer is a P4 2.8ghz 512ram and my modem is a: D-link DFM-562IS HSFi
PCI modem

morgtom@hotmail.com

Chuck

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2001

The first thing to do is go to the dlink web site and see if there are any
updates available for your modem's software.
(Use win98 or whatever is working to download it into an area that can be
accessed by winxp.)
It really sounds like you may be the victim of a virus and possibly some
"malware".
I'd run an up to date virus checker and spyware removal program before I
thought about installing anything else.

"Tomo" <Tomo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi i have had this problem for a few months. I can't update any programs,
> or
> use programs like windows messenger and outlook express. Programs like
> kazza
> lite also don't work. Eventhough i have these internet problems i can
> still
> use internet explorer fine. I reformated my computer and reinstalled xp
> pro
> again but the problem remains. At the moment i have 2 operating systems
> installed (win98 & xp pro) on my computer and the win 98 is working fine.
> can use windows messenger, kazza and outlook express fine eventhough that
> xp
> does not allow me.
>
> Is the problem that the modem isn't supported by xp?
> If so, y did it use to work?
> And y did it go wrong all of a sudden?
>
> Please reply.
>
> My computer is a P4 2.8ghz 512ram and my modem is a: D-link DFM-562IS HSFi
> PCI modem
>
> morgtom@hotmail.com

---
Outgoing mail is AVG certified Virus Free.