What price to sell 3dfx voodoo 1 6Mb (not rush)?

borjaevo

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Sorry for my english!

Is not a voodoo rush, is a voodo 1 without 2D acceleration, needs another card to work in 2D like any other voodoo 1 but this has 6Mb video memory. I think this is rare because almost all are 4Mb.
It's an innovision mighty fx6m vooodoo 6Mb.
Thanks.

borjaevo

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
These is the reason that i want to sell the voodoo, because was in a locker since 2001 aprox. But i have no idea about the price. I tested the card yesterday and works great.
Thanks.

Quaddro

Distinguished
well..
depend on..

like mr. andrewcarr said..this is will be can give you much dollar if you sell it to an antique technology enthusiast..like graphics card collector or something else or for an intended purpose..

but for common people who's only care about the fastest machine that avaiable in earth..no offense..that will be no value..

borjaevo

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Thanks Quaddro, you're right. But i know there are many people that are old graphic card collectors and old 3dfx cards are very valuated for this kind of people. I think this card is very rare (6Mb), but i have no idea about the price to sell an old card like this to a 3dfx fan.
Thanks for your help nblote. These cards are newer than mine. almost all are AGP.

andrewcarr

Distinguished
Well you can ask anything you want for a card like this. But that doesn't mean it's going to sell. If you look on Ebay many newer versions are listed for around $100. But to be honest if it was mine and someone even offered me $20 I'd sell it. Hell I'd go as low as $5 but that's just me because I couldn't see anyone wanting it.

borjaevo

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
i'm old electronic things collector. I have things like old sinths, amplifiers, old procesors like 80286, 36Mb HDD or this voodoo. I had this voodoo 6Mb packed and stored since 1999 and still in perfect condition. Things like this gain value over the years. I know it's good that someone who will use this card has this card. But you're assuming this voodoo has no value for me and you're not right. Always hurts undo your collections. I don't want more or less, just the right price.

They are worth more than just $20, some can easily go for more than $50 for the 6mb and especially the 8mb versions. Plus it is a pretty rare card and collectors often overpay when there is competition.