Hd 7870 or gtx 660 ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
660 Ti is $300.
7870 is $220.

660 Ti is faster, but 7870 gives you more bang for the buck. If you do intend to O/C the 7870, however, it will definitely outpace the 660 Ti. 7870 is about on par with the 660(non-Ti) at stock.
Its always best to look over the benchmarks for games you play and see which one is fastest playing those games. Be sure to look over the newest benchmarks so you can see the latest drivers for both cards. These are the latest benches http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/ Don't forget to look at prices as the 660ti is matched with the 7950, not the 7870.

dyc4ha

Honorable
Jul 3, 2012
@rolli59 those bench are done in august, very dated and no longer accurate. I agree with @maestro0428. I personally think if you can shell out for the 660ti, you might as well go for the 7950. Even in a historically nvidia favored game like BF3, it is tied, other games the 7950 just pulls away. 3GB vram is also better future-proofing. And with AMD's CAT12.11 and the game bundles (if you are interested in those games: Medal of honor, hitman, farcry, sleeping dogs) that's another $170 value.

Still does not change the fact that the 660Ti is more powerful than the HD7870, as rightly pointed out should be compared with HD7950!

mohit9206

Distinguished
7870 is the better card overall.
sure the 660ti wins some rounds but from pure value point especially considering the newest never settle driver increasing performance by another 10% across all games, the 7870 makes the 660ti look lame in comparison

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

He said "Hd 7870 or gtx 660 ti"

Yall keep tossing cards down peoples throat and the 7870/7950 trade blows with the 660 Ti honestly either way you cant go wrong..Each time i see threads this i cringe cause yall toss canned benchmarks then fanboys start and subjective answers just stop..To op either card between Hd 7870 or gtx 660 ti you can go wrong

If you don't like it stop coming here is my advice to you friend.

When there is a better option, price/perf than the cards mentioned people would be doing the OP's a disservice not to use the knowledge they have on the subject and inform them of these other options that the OP's may not have considered.

That's kind of the point, its why people post and ask questions most of the time, because they don't really know or understand what's what.

Mactronix :)

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Its not even advice that im worried about its fanboyism and people pushing other card with both cards in range preform on par. Trust me ive seen this so many times and questions is good but most of yall go into "oh amd this and nvidia is that and it confuses the f out of the op. Give the op 2 cards from both camp let him choose because at the end of the day he will play his games and wont regret and we wont be playing his games for him nor we will dream about what card he has choose. Like i said tho both cards is good..Im not trying to be funny by all means but when its card or other card benchmarks come up then fanboys hit and that doesnt do the op any good. Look around at other forums that reguard gpu vs gpu u see a pattern?

I understand where you are coming from and you have a valid point. there are valid reasons that some people will repeatedly push other cards and usually that's to do with the card being the best value price/perf card around at the time.

I don't think that we are ever going to loose the fanboy element its as much a pert of it as the hardware itself,unfortunately.
Best we can do is be here to cut it off at the pass with some salient facts.

As for the canned benchmarks, again I know where you are coming from but people wont believe what you say without proof and the only thing that works is benchmarks.

Mactronix :hello:

xMMLGx

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

i will be playing games like far cry 3 and other similarly demanding games

i have also looked over the benchmarks and gtx 660ti is winning but some say it wont preform as good on higher resolutions because of its memory bandwidth

The hd 7870 is also cheaper from where i will buy it

willyroc

Honorable
Jul 22, 2012
660 Ti is $300.
7870 is $220.

660 Ti is faster, but 7870 gives you more bang for the buck. If you do intend to O/C the 7870, however, it will definitely outpace the 660 Ti. 7870 is about on par with the 660(non-Ti) at stock.

Solution

mohit9206

Distinguished

7870 used to be a bit slower than 660ti. but with latest drivers 7870 is now better in performance. and the price is lower too. so 7870 is the clear winner admit it nvidia fanboy

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Its not the advice but its when half of yall toss around fanboy/subjective answers..Give the op of these threads 2 cards in range let him pick..We not playing the games for him..Some of yall act like yall going to die if he picks the wrong card

Status
Not open for further replies.