Your question

Windows 7 64-bit BSOD recurring

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Blue Screen
Last response: in Windows 7
January 26, 2010 4:56:56 PM

I have been running xp 32 and 64 bit on my desktop for a few years now. I installed Windows 7 64-bit in November and found that I was constantly getting BSODs randomly. Recently, I installed a new video card, (HIS) ATI HD5770, which didn't change the situation except for the fact that my BSOD screen no longer is a blue screen with all those numbers and words. Now, it just looks like white noise on a tv screen. I found that I always trigger a BSOD if I do anything while using utorrent, such as browsing the internet. But, I do sometimes get bsods for no reason that I cant pinpoint.
I have a Q6600 processor with 2gb ram and an ati hd5770 video card. My motherboard is an xfx nforce 680i lt. I've been reading up on forums and apparently I'm supposed to make some sort of a dump file and post it here so that you guys can help me better, but I cant figure out how to do it.
I would appreciate any help so that I may fix this situation once and for all. Thank you

More about : windows bit bsod recurring

January 26, 2010 9:25:24 PM

Ok, I zipped up the dump files and uploaded them. I also included a performance report. It seems to mention hamachi and tunngle a lot. I guess I will try uninstalling them to see if there is a difference.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/wfussp

I know that in some threads, people just paste a bunch of text as their "dump". I couldnt figure out how to do that so I just uploaded the files. Sorry for the inconvenience, but please help me out with this.

UPDATE:
ok, i removed the microsoft tunneling system and I uninstalled hamachi. So now the performance report gives me no errors. However, I still get bsods. To check, I simply started to dload something from utorrent, and opened up chrome to grooveshark.com. I got an instant bsod.
m
l
January 26, 2010 10:43:17 PM

When you installed Win 7 did you do the upgrade or the clean install? Lots of people I know have installed Win 7 via the upgrade path but some drivers do not like this approach - especially drivers around networking (the Cisco vpn client does not like Win 7 x64). If you did the upgrade I would start with a clean install - yes you have to reinstall everything.

If you did a clean install, lets start disabling things. Set a restore point so you can put everything back and turn off or remove components. Deinstall everything you can - be tough. You can use system restore to return to goodness (make sure it is on and has 10% of the drive allocated to it though).

Hopefully you will find the driver or device that is causing you headaches....
m
l
October 20, 2012 7:27:04 AM

It's the grooveshark that causes problems. I stopped using it and stopped getting the BSOD
m
l
!