Nokia 6230 memory card + videos

Am sorry if this has been asked before.

I want to get a memory card for a friend and do some video clips encoding.

Am sure the phone uses MMC cards but I could well be wrong. I've had a look
around and if someone could clarify the main difference between the normal
size MMC cards and the RSMMC.

I know the video format extension is .3gpp but am sure nokia has their own
software for decoding files. I know this will be in the development section
of the site but as i recall fomr the last time i done a few encodings for
the 6600. There where 2 main types of file encoding formats. Which is best
for the 6230?

TIA
4 answers Last reply
More about nokia 6230 memory card videos

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:37:58 -0000, "fellow_scot" <nospam4me@pc>
    wrote:

    >Am sorry if this has been asked before.
    >
    >I want to get a memory card for a friend and do some video clips encoding.
    >
    >Am sure the phone uses MMC cards but I could well be wrong.

    It uses standard MMC media.

    > I've had a look
    >around and if someone could clarify the main difference between the normal
    >size MMC cards and the RSMMC.

    errrr, Reduced Size perhaps?

    >I know the video format extension is .3gpp but am sure nokia has their own
    >software for decoding files. I know this will be in the development section
    >of the site but as i recall fomr the last time i done a few encodings for
    >the 6600. There where 2 main types of file encoding formats. Which is best
    >for the 6230?

    AFAIK .3gp is the only format supported by the 6230. It seems to
    be pretty compatible as I was able to play files produced on the
    phone, on friends K700 and O2 XDAIIs phones.

    Gav

    Gav wrote:

    >>.. if someone could clarify the main difference between
    >> the normal size MMC cards and the RSMMC.

    > errrr, Reduced Size perhaps?

    Hmmm, we sortof figured that. I guess the main question is, are they
    compatible? will a RSMMC fit and work whereever an MMC works?

    On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:41:38 +0100, "Greg N." <yodel_dodel@yahoo.com>
    wrote:

    >Gav wrote:
    >
    >>>.. if someone could clarify the main difference between
    >>> the normal size MMC cards and the RSMMC.
    >
    >> errrr, Reduced Size perhaps?
    >
    >Hmmm, we sortof figured that. I guess the main question is, are they
    >compatible? will a RSMMC fit and work whereever an MMC works?

    A quick google search on "rsmmc compatible mmc" yields this from
    the second hit.

    "Reduced size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC) has a form factor of 24mm by
    18mm, approximately half the size of a standard MMC. With the use of
    an adapter, the RS-MMC is also compatible with devices using the
    standard MMC. (RSMMC + adapter = standard size MMC)."

    Gav

    "fellow_scot" <nospam4me@pc> wrote in message
    > Am sorry if this has been asked before.
    >
    > I want to get a memory card for a friend and do some video clips encoding.
    >
    > Am sure the phone uses MMC cards but I could well be wrong. I've had a
    > look around and if someone could clarify the main difference between the
    > normal size MMC cards and the RSMMC.
    >
    > I know the video format extension is .3gpp but am sure nokia has their own
    > software for decoding files. I know this will be in the development
    > section of the site but as i recall fomr the last time i done a few
    > encodings for the 6600. There where 2 main types of file encoding
    > formats. Which is best for the 6230?
    >
    > TIA

    The Nokia Multimedia Converter is the software that you'd want from Nokia.

    It available as a free download once you've registered on the forums.

    http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-63,00.html

    Alternatively you could use a REGISTERED copy of QuickTime to encode .3gp
    compatible videos for the 6230.

    Martin.

Nokia Memory Card Video