Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Nokia 6230 memory card + videos

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 4:37:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Am sorry if this has been asked before.

I want to get a memory card for a friend and do some video clips encoding.

Am sure the phone uses MMC cards but I could well be wrong. I've had a look
around and if someone could clarify the main difference between the normal
size MMC cards and the RSMMC.

I know the video format extension is .3gpp but am sure nokia has their own
software for decoding files. I know this will be in the development section
of the site but as i recall fomr the last time i done a few encodings for
the 6600. There where 2 main types of file encoding formats. Which is best
for the 6230?

TIA
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 9:39:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 13:37:58 -0000, "fellow_scot" <nospam4me@pc>
wrote:

>Am sorry if this has been asked before.
>
>I want to get a memory card for a friend and do some video clips encoding.
>
>Am sure the phone uses MMC cards but I could well be wrong.

It uses standard MMC media.


> I've had a look
>around and if someone could clarify the main difference between the normal
>size MMC cards and the RSMMC.

errrr, Reduced Size perhaps?



>I know the video format extension is .3gpp but am sure nokia has their own
>software for decoding files. I know this will be in the development section
>of the site but as i recall fomr the last time i done a few encodings for
>the 6600. There where 2 main types of file encoding formats. Which is best
>for the 6230?

AFAIK .3gp is the only format supported by the 6230. It seems to
be pretty compatible as I was able to play files produced on the
phone, on friends K700 and O2 XDAIIs phones.


Gav
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 11:41:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

Gav wrote:

>>.. if someone could clarify the main difference between
>> the normal size MMC cards and the RSMMC.

> errrr, Reduced Size perhaps?

Hmmm, we sortof figured that. I guess the main question is, are they
compatible? will a RSMMC fit and work whereever an MMC works?
Related resources
Anonymous
January 20, 2005 11:41:39 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 20:41:38 +0100, "Greg N." <yodel_dodel@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Gav wrote:
>
>>>.. if someone could clarify the main difference between
>>> the normal size MMC cards and the RSMMC.
>
>> errrr, Reduced Size perhaps?
>
>Hmmm, we sortof figured that. I guess the main question is, are they
>compatible? will a RSMMC fit and work whereever an MMC works?

A quick google search on "rsmmc compatible mmc" yields this from
the second hit.

"Reduced size MultiMediaCard (RS-MMC) has a form factor of 24mm by
18mm, approximately half the size of a standard MMC. With the use of
an adapter, the RS-MMC is also compatible with devices using the
standard MMC. (RSMMC + adapter = standard size MMC)."


Gav
January 21, 2005 2:43:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"fellow_scot" <nospam4me@pc> wrote in message
news:41efb447$0$15584$c3e8da3@news.astraweb.com...
> Am sorry if this has been asked before.
>
> I want to get a memory card for a friend and do some video clips encoding.
>
> Am sure the phone uses MMC cards but I could well be wrong. I've had a
> look around and if someone could clarify the main difference between the
> normal size MMC cards and the RSMMC.
>
> I know the video format extension is .3gpp but am sure nokia has their own
> software for decoding files. I know this will be in the development
> section of the site but as i recall fomr the last time i done a few
> encodings for the 6600. There where 2 main types of file encoding
> formats. Which is best for the 6230?
>
> TIA
>

The Nokia Multimedia Converter is the software that you'd want from Nokia.

It available as a free download once you've registered on the forums.

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/0,,034-63,00.html

Alternatively you could use a REGISTERED copy of QuickTime to encode .3gp
compatible videos for the 6230.

Martin.
!