muzamalasif

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
hi,
dont know where to put it but i think it should fit here
i just bought a second hand (BRANDED) 22 inch LCD and the highest resolution goes to 1280*1024
but as i have looked around and found that the native resolution for 22 inch is probably 1600* something like this
how to increase the resolution
also with 1280*1024 resolution text is quite blurry
LCD is of some KDS company...dont know full version of it...any way to check???

i have connected via VGA port to my video card (NVIDIA 430 GT)
also....i wanna ask if i connect via DVI(or whatever it is) to my video card ...will it do good??and what ???

ALSO...if i connect via VGA or DVI to my motherboard instead of video card.....will my video card still be running???

i hope to get some help!!!

:( :??:

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Is the LCD a widescreen device (16:10 or 16:9 profile) or the older regular format (4:3)?

If the monitor supports DVI, you should use that vice VGA. Picture quality will improve.

Also, are you video drivers for the 430GT up to date?

muzamalasif

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
its wide-screen dont know about 16:10 or 6:9

but 1280*768 or 720 or 800 does not fit lcd screen higher or lower than these fit.... ???

ok...i will buy DVI cable tomorrow
updating nvidia driver now...i have version 301 ..now 306 is out,,,,,,,,will post in a moment whatever will change..if so

The size of the screen does not dictate a specific resolution. Being a 22" KDS its likely the resolution is 1680 x 1050 if it is wide screen(Just guessing but that is most common). The screen model if not printed, or etched on the bezel will be accessible in the on screen GUI via the buttons on the monitor. You should also be able to determine the native resolution from the on screen GUI as well.

"ALSO...if i connect via VGA or DVI to my motherboard instead of video card.....will my video card still be running??? " Yes, in a lower power state.

muzamalasif

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2011
ok..updated driver....set resolution to 1680*1050

got muuuuuuuuuuuuuch better
thanks........blurred text is gone almost......by adjusting contrast and brightness

ok...thnaks every body.....if something happens ..........i will post tomorrow...dont close thread plz...at least for tomorrow
:bounce: