Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

ATI HD card Selection

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • HD
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 24, 2012 4:48:22 PM

I am from India, I need help in find right graphics card for my PC.

PC configuration

Intel DH61WW Motherboard
Intel i5 - 2310 2.9 Ghz(2nd Generation) processor
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 32bit
440w SMPS
AOC Moniter Resolution 1366 x 768

Which card is best for me HD 7770 or HD 7750?


I want to play upcoming games like, Rome II, Far Cry 3 and NFS Most wanted 2012.

Thanks.

More about : ati card selection

a c 234 U Graphics card
October 24, 2012 4:54:37 PM

Both choices are fine. The decision should be based on your budget and product availability in your area.
Score
0
October 24, 2012 4:56:44 PM

Without knowing a little more about your PSU (auxiliary power connectors) and budget...

I'd advise the 7750, for the given games you wanted to play the 7750 will be just fine, and will be marginally cheaper, though the 7770 if you wanted a little extra power to go with the CPU, if the PSU and budget can handle I'd go for the 7770.
Score
0
Related resources
October 24, 2012 5:08:33 PM

COLGeek said:
Both choices are fine. The decision should be based on your budget and product availability in your area.


Thanks for suggestion,

I just came up with another card HD 6670 1GB DDR5, will you let me know about this also comparing to 7770 & 7750.

Thanks
Score
0
a c 234 U Graphics card
October 24, 2012 5:49:03 PM

The HD6670 is also a good choice. I have one at home at it performs surprisingly well. While certainly not a "gaming GPU", it can handle most games at medium settings just fine.
Score
0
a c 186 U Graphics card
October 24, 2012 5:52:59 PM

7770 is the strongest out those i would go for that if i was you but what psu do you have it's important so please tell me
Score
0

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
October 24, 2012 6:37:15 PM

moh135 said:
I am from India, I need help in find right graphics card for my PC.

PC configuration

Intel DH61WW Motherboard
Intel i5 - 2310 2.9 Ghz(2nd Generation) processor
4GB DDR3 RAM
Windows 7 32bit
440w SMPS
AOC Moniter Resolution 1366 x 768

Which card is best for me HD 7770 or HD 7750?


I want to play upcoming games like, Rome II, Far Cry 3 and NFS Most wanted 2012.

Thanks.


What's the brand name of that PSU? AMD recommend a 450W Power Supply for a Radeon HD 7770 1GB. That being said your system appears to be of relatively low power usage (second generation i5 processor for example). Taking that into consideration it really depends on the brand name of that power supply. If it is a reputable brand name... you shouldn't have any problems.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

I use that calculator from time to time. According to the info above your system should take less than 350W so that 440W should do the trick assuming it is of a reputable name brand (well made).

Considering the games you want to play I'd go for the Radeon HD 7770 1GB. It will offer you better framerates and a slightly longer time prior to needing an upgrade. My 2 cents.
Share
a c 186 U Graphics card
October 24, 2012 6:44:11 PM

ElMoIsEviL said:
What's the brand name of that PSU? AMD recommend a 450W Power Supply for a Radeon HD 7770 1GB. That being said your system appears to be of relatively low power usage (second generation i5 processor for example). Taking that into consideration it really depends on the brand name of that power supply. If it is a reputable brand name... you shouldn't have any problems.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

I use that calculator from time to time. According to the info above your system should take less than 350W so that 440W should do the trick assuming it is of a reputable name brand (well made).

Considering the games you want to play I'd go for the Radeon HD 7770 1GB. It will offer you better framerates and a slightly longer time prior to needing an upgrade. My 2 cents.
Hey my friend is doing a build right now or i should say i am doing it for him it's odd but you have almost same build what are you using for cooling?He doesn't want to spend more than $150 on cooling i am thinking a rasa kit maybe any suggestion ?
Score
0
October 25, 2012 7:00:44 AM

ElMoIsEviL said:
What's the brand name of that PSU? AMD recommend a 450W Power Supply for a Radeon HD 7770 1GB. That being said your system appears to be of relatively low power usage (second generation i5 processor for example). Taking that into consideration it really depends on the brand name of that power supply. If it is a reputable brand name... you shouldn't have any problems.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

I use that calculator from time to time. According to the info above your system should take less than 350W so that 440W should do the trick assuming it is of a reputable name brand (well made).

Considering the games you want to play I'd go for the Radeon HD 7770 1GB. It will offer you better framerates and a slightly longer time prior to needing an upgrade. My 2 cents.



Thank you for suggestion,

My PSU is 450W (Front tech), is it ok to go with Radeon HD 7770 1GB DDR5 for my PC config?
Score
0
a c 234 U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 11:02:32 AM

moh135 said:
Thank you for suggestion,

My PSU is 450W (Front tech), is it ok to go with Radeon HD 7770 1GB DDR5 for my PC config?

It should be fine. You might want to consider a new PSU in the future (Seasonic or Corsair). Good luck!
Score
0
October 25, 2012 11:39:08 AM

Thank you for your support guys.
Score
0
October 26, 2012 4:44:48 AM

Best answer selected by moh135.
Score
0
October 26, 2012 1:54:19 PM

ElMoIsEviL said:
What's the brand name of that PSU? AMD recommend a 450W Power Supply for a Radeon HD 7770 1GB. That being said your system appears to be of relatively low power usage (second generation i5 processor for example). Taking that into consideration it really depends on the brand name of that power supply. If it is a reputable brand name... you shouldn't have any problems.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

I use that calculator from time to time. According to the info above your system should take less than 350W so that 440W should do the trick assuming it is of a reputable name brand (well made).

Considering the games you want to play I'd go for the Radeon HD 7770 1GB. It will offer you better framerates and a slightly longer time prior to needing an upgrade. My 2 cents.



Hi,

Will you guide me in selecting the right HD 7770 card from Below providers.

1.Power Cooler
2.Sapphire
3.Asus
4.XFX
5.MSI

Score
0
!