Pc suite with nokia 6600

I have just bought a bluetooth dongle but I can't get pc suite to recognize
a bluetooth connection to my phone. The bluetooth software is XTNDConnect
Bluemanager 3.1c. It works fine, recognized my phone immediately, and
allows me to transfer pictures and tones to and from my phone. However
opening PC suite simply produces the message that it can detect no bluetooth
devices. Any suggestions?
I am using XP Home SP2,

Thanks

Gary
7 answers Last reply
More about suite nokia 6600

    I've got an advise from Nokia (a friend of mine is working there), that you
    should take of the BT-hub, uninstall all BT-sofware and PC-suite. Then
    install PC-suite. After that put BT-dongle on. Don't use the driver within
    BT-dongle.

    They say that the error is in XP SP2 BT-driver. I'm not sure about it.

    "Gary Sams" <garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> kirjoitti viestissä
    > I have just bought a bluetooth dongle but I can't get pc suite to
    recognize
    > a bluetooth connection to my phone. The bluetooth software is XTNDConnect
    > Bluemanager 3.1c. It works fine, recognized my phone immediately, and
    > allows me to transfer pictures and tones to and from my phone. However
    > opening PC suite simply produces the message that it can detect no
    bluetooth
    > devices. Any suggestions?
    > I am using XP Home SP2,
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gary

    As far as I know I don't have a BT hub or any BT software. I tried
    uninstalling and re-installing PC Suite last night and - hey presto! - it
    recognized the phone and allowed me to use all its features. However, the
    next time I opened PC Suite I am back to square 1. It says my phone is not
    connected and it can't find any bluetoooth devices. I can't re-install PC
    Suite every time I want to use it!

    Gary

    "Gary Sams" <garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > As far as I know I don't have a BT hub or any BT software. I tried
    > uninstalling and re-installing PC Suite last night and - hey presto! - it
    > recognized the phone and allowed me to use all its features. However, the
    > next time I opened PC Suite I am back to square 1. It says my phone is not
    > connected and it can't find any bluetoooth devices. I can't re-install PC
    > Suite every time I want to use it!
    >
    > Gary

    Make sure you're bluetooth symbol in the taskbar is blue and white, not blue
    and red, open "my bluetooth places" and find your phone, search for services
    and find your bluetooth serial port, double click it to open and it'll
    communicate with the phone and lose it's connection, don't worry, after
    about a second the 6600 will try and establish a serial port connection.
    When this is done, THEN open data suite. Let me know if that doesn't work
    for you.

    regards,

    Dion L Heap
    www.thetophouse.com

    "Dion L Heap" <NoSpam@ThankYou.Com> wrote in message

    > Make sure you're bluetooth symbol in the taskbar is blue and white, not
    > blue and red, open "my bluetooth places" and find your phone, search for
    > services and find your bluetooth serial port, double click it to open and
    > it'll communicate with the phone and lose it's connection, don't worry,
    > after about a second the 6600 will try and establish a serial port
    > connection. When this is done, THEN open data suite. Let me know if that
    > doesn't work for you.
    >
    > regards,
    >
    > Dion L Heap
    > www.thetophouse.com
    What and where is 'My Bluetooth Places'?, though actually you may have
    solved my problem by telling me I do not need the software that came with
    the dongle. I have uninstalled it and allowed XP to recognize the dongle and
    install the built in software. This is much more limited than 'Blue Manager'
    but does allow files to be transferred. More importantly, Nokia suite now
    recognizes my phone, so it looks like the problem was with Blue Manager. The
    relevant icons on my taskbar are now:
    a phone symbol called connection manager.
    a blue and green icon called MRouter (which used to be grey when my phone
    was not recognized) and a blue 'bluetooth devices' icon, which seems to come
    and go. Nothing in the taskbar or control panel is called 'my bluetooth
    places'

    Thanks for the help

    Gary

    On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:52:26 -0000, "Gary Sams"
    <garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

    >As far as I know I don't have a BT hub or any BT software.

    You have. You MUST have, inside the pc the hub, inside XP
    (unfortunately!) the sw.

    serch the Nokia web site, there is a XP users (poor people!) how to...

    Pietro

    "Jyrki Saloniemi" <jyrki.saloniemi@poista.ains.fi> wrote in message
    > I've got an advise from Nokia (a friend of mine is working there), that
    you
    > should take of the BT-hub, uninstall all BT-sofware and PC-suite. Then
    > install PC-suite. After that put BT-dongle on. Don't use the driver within
    > BT-dongle.
    >
    > They say that the error is in XP SP2 BT-driver. I'm not sure about it.

    Just to say I use the widcom Bluetooth driver and I get a licencing issue
    with XPSP2... so it does exist!

    >> They say that the error is in XP SP2 BT-driver. I'm not sure about it.
    >
    > Just to say I use the widcom Bluetooth driver and I get a licencing issue
    > with XPSP2... so it does exist!

    Someone suggested I try the widcom driver, so I have installed that in place
    of Blue Manager. However, as you say, I just get a message that 'Your
    bluetooth licence does not include use with this Bluetooth Device [6]',

    Gary

Nokia Phones Bluetooth