Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Pc suite with nokia 6600

Last response: in Brands
Share
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 2:16:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I have just bought a bluetooth dongle but I can't get pc suite to recognize
a bluetooth connection to my phone. The bluetooth software is XTNDConnect
Bluemanager 3.1c. It works fine, recognized my phone immediately, and
allows me to transfer pictures and tones to and from my phone. However
opening PC suite simply produces the message that it can detect no bluetooth
devices. Any suggestions?
I am using XP Home SP2,

Thanks

Gary

More about : suite nokia 6600

Anonymous
January 21, 2005 9:55:04 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

I've got an advise from Nokia (a friend of mine is working there), that you
should take of the BT-hub, uninstall all BT-sofware and PC-suite. Then
install PC-suite. After that put BT-dongle on. Don't use the driver within
BT-dongle.

They say that the error is in XP SP2 BT-driver. I'm not sure about it.

"Gary Sams" <garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> kirjoitti viestissä
news:EuKdnRXyrMZQpm3cRVnyvw@pipex.net...
> I have just bought a bluetooth dongle but I can't get pc suite to
recognize
> a bluetooth connection to my phone. The bluetooth software is XTNDConnect
> Bluemanager 3.1c. It works fine, recognized my phone immediately, and
> allows me to transfer pictures and tones to and from my phone. However
> opening PC suite simply produces the message that it can detect no
bluetooth
> devices. Any suggestions?
> I am using XP Home SP2,
>
> Thanks
>
> Gary
>
>
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 11:52:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

As far as I know I don't have a BT hub or any BT software. I tried
uninstalling and re-installing PC Suite last night and - hey presto! - it
recognized the phone and allowed me to use all its features. However, the
next time I opened PC Suite I am back to square 1. It says my phone is not
connected and it can't find any bluetoooth devices. I can't re-install PC
Suite every time I want to use it!

Gary


"Jyrki Saloniemi" <jyrki.saloniemi@poista.ains.fi> wrote in message
news:cH1Id.41$y53.4@read3.inet.fi...
> I've got an advise from Nokia (a friend of mine is working there), that
> you
> should take of the BT-hub, uninstall all BT-sofware and PC-suite. Then
> install PC-suite. After that put BT-dongle on. Don't use the driver within
> BT-dongle.
>
> They say that the error is in XP SP2 BT-driver. I'm not sure about it.
>
> "Gary Sams" <garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> kirjoitti viestissä
> news:EuKdnRXyrMZQpm3cRVnyvw@pipex.net...
>> I have just bought a bluetooth dongle but I can't get pc suite to
> recognize
>> a bluetooth connection to my phone. The bluetooth software is XTNDConnect
>> Bluemanager 3.1c. It works fine, recognized my phone immediately, and
>> allows me to transfer pictures and tones to and from my phone. However
>> opening PC suite simply produces the message that it can detect no
> bluetooth
>> devices. Any suggestions?
>> I am using XP Home SP2,
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Gary
>>
>>
>
>
Related resources
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 8:08:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Gary Sams" <garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:RsqdnUlWYIRQX23cRVnysA@pipex.net...
> As far as I know I don't have a BT hub or any BT software. I tried
> uninstalling and re-installing PC Suite last night and - hey presto! - it
> recognized the phone and allowed me to use all its features. However, the
> next time I opened PC Suite I am back to square 1. It says my phone is not
> connected and it can't find any bluetoooth devices. I can't re-install PC
> Suite every time I want to use it!
>
> Gary

Make sure you're bluetooth symbol in the taskbar is blue and white, not blue
and red, open "my bluetooth places" and find your phone, search for services
and find your bluetooth serial port, double click it to open and it'll
communicate with the phone and lose it's connection, don't worry, after
about a second the 6600 will try and establish a serial port connection.
When this is done, THEN open data suite. Let me know if that doesn't work
for you.

regards,

Dion L Heap
www.thetophouse.com
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 10:38:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Dion L Heap" <NoSpam@ThankYou.Com> wrote in message
news:41f1371c$0$13375$fa0fcedb@news.zen.co.uk...

>
> Make sure you're bluetooth symbol in the taskbar is blue and white, not
> blue and red, open "my bluetooth places" and find your phone, search for
> services and find your bluetooth serial port, double click it to open and
> it'll communicate with the phone and lose it's connection, don't worry,
> after about a second the 6600 will try and establish a serial port
> connection. When this is done, THEN open data suite. Let me know if that
> doesn't work for you.
>
> regards,
>
> Dion L Heap
> www.thetophouse.com
What and where is 'My Bluetooth Places'?, though actually you may have
solved my problem by telling me I do not need the software that came with
the dongle. I have uninstalled it and allowed XP to recognize the dongle and
install the built in software. This is much more limited than 'Blue Manager'
but does allow files to be transferred. More importantly, Nokia suite now
recognizes my phone, so it looks like the problem was with Blue Manager. The
relevant icons on my taskbar are now:
a phone symbol called connection manager.
a blue and green icon called MRouter (which used to be grey when my phone
was not recognized) and a blue 'bluetooth devices' icon, which seems to come
and go. Nothing in the taskbar or control panel is called 'my bluetooth
places'

Thanks for the help

Gary
January 23, 2005 4:49:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 08:52:26 -0000, "Gary Sams"
<garysams@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

>As far as I know I don't have a BT hub or any BT software.

You have. You MUST have, inside the pc the hub, inside XP
(unfortunately!) the sw.

serch the Nokia web site, there is a XP users (poor people!) how to...

Pietro
Anonymous
January 24, 2005 1:43:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

"Jyrki Saloniemi" <jyrki.saloniemi@poista.ains.fi> wrote in message
news:cH1Id.41$y53.4@read3.inet.fi...
> I've got an advise from Nokia (a friend of mine is working there), that
you
> should take of the BT-hub, uninstall all BT-sofware and PC-suite. Then
> install PC-suite. After that put BT-dongle on. Don't use the driver within
> BT-dongle.
>
> They say that the error is in XP SP2 BT-driver. I'm not sure about it.

Just to say I use the widcom Bluetooth driver and I get a licencing issue
with XPSP2... so it does exist!
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 2:05:26 AM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia (More info?)

>> They say that the error is in XP SP2 BT-driver. I'm not sure about it.
>
> Just to say I use the widcom Bluetooth driver and I get a licencing issue
> with XPSP2... so it does exist!
>
Someone suggested I try the widcom driver, so I have installed that in place
of Blue Manager. However, as you say, I just get a message that 'Your
bluetooth licence does not include use with this Bluetooth Device [6]',

Gary
!