My system specs:

Phenom 2 x4 965 BE OC to 3.8GHZ
2tb WD HDD
antec 450w PSU
8gb 1600 RAM
Gigabyte ga-78lmt-sp2 MOBO
Rosewill Challenger case

I have about $150 to spend, tops. I will probably buy on black Friday or cyber Monday. Thanks!

Solution

Then ignore it. The 650 Ti and some factory overclocked 7770s can fight with the 560 in performance while using much less power. I'd get a factory overclocked 7770 such as the Sapphire OC (1.15GHz GPU, 1.25GHz memory, about 20% faster than reference 7770), but that's me. The 650 Ti competes well enough to be considered anyway.
The 560 Ti is the fastest of those three, but I find it difficult to believe that there is one available for about $150 and it's a huge power hog compared to the other two. The 650 Ti is about $150 and is usually a little faster than the 7770, but the 7770 is the better value in price/performance (especially with high settings/MSAA at lower resolutions).

Then ignore it. The 650 Ti and some factory overclocked 7770s can fight with the 560 in performance while using much less power. I'd get a factory overclocked 7770 such as the Sapphire OC (1.15GHz GPU, 1.25GHz memory, about 20% faster than reference 7770), but that's me. The 650 Ti competes well enough to be considered anyway.

Solution

Boardjames

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
Well some people would say basic gaming is stuff like Minecraft or WOW or facebook games. I however would define basic gaming as playing games at least 35ish fps on Ultra to high settings in most videogames that are current. Unless you would rather suggest something to the OP that may not offer them much at all. I happen to think that most people that Pc game want at least high settings and to be able to play them at high settings with out massive drops in FPS.

The cards that I mentioned can do that just fine.

Boardjames

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012
No not really dude you have to turn settings down a ton of games for Playable FPS. If $150 is all you have I would suggest save your money and wait till you can afford a decent card. Don't rush things when there really isn't a need. Wait and get something you really want and will be able to enjoy. Perhaps you might get lucky and be able to buy a 7870 for $150 on black Friday if not just wait it out.

@Boardjames First of all, a 7770 is a great card that will play most modern games at medium/high/some on ultra with less AA. Secondly, I am not being cheap. I have set aside $150 dollars for this and thats how much I plan to spend. I just wanted opinions on the 7770 vs 560 vs 650ti. I'm not playing crisis on max settings. Mostly minecraft/ starcraft 2/ diablo 3.

@blazorthon Thanks for actually knowing what you are talking about and giving worthwhile input. :)

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

This thread proves my point on how people will push other cards down peoples throat..Op asked about 3 cards at 150$ price point n more no less..2nd yall are bias..To op this is why i would say go on your gut feeling look up some reviews and go for it because dealing with forums your going to get subjective answers

Boardjames

Honorable
Oct 12, 2012

I don't wanna argue. I should have asked what games do you play. I think your wrong and being very very cheap but hey whatever you think is best for you is best for you. :D Enjoy your videocard and keep on gaming bro.

What was biased about what I said?

mace200200

Honorable
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/680?vs=536

That being said I love my 7770, it works great with the rest of my cheap and old hard ware and I got my GPU for $105 after the rebate. But, looking at the 650Ti I'd say that's the way to go if you don't mind spending the extra money over the 7770.

Or the 560 if you don't mind the extra heat, and noise, and have a good enough PSU for it. The 560 still doesn't take that much power though.
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/543?vs=680