Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
I put together a system out of the following parts:

Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 A75 FM2 R
PSU: SEASONIC SS-350ET BRONZE
CPU: AMD A6-5400K 3.6G 4M FM2 R
Memory: 2Gx2 CRUCIAL BLT2KIT2G3D1608DT1TX0 DDR3, 1600mhz
HDD: 60G COSAIR CSSD-F60GB3A-BK R

After reading http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems I've done the following:

Attached, detached, and reattached everything (reseating motherboard, CPU, and RAM) about four times now.
Detached reset button from motherboard front panel connector
Used different data cables and power cord
Used a different (new from Best Buy) PSU (Thermal Take Smart M 850W)
Verified HDD is recognizable in another computer
Built system in the case and out of the case.
Reset the CMOS by touching the jumpers together and by removing the battery.
Held the power button while the power cord was removed.
Powered on with one stick of RAM (in all possible stick/slot combos) and both sticks.

Power on with no RAM gives three long beeps. Any other power up gives silence and nothing through VGA or HDMI output (tested both monitors with other inputs and they each work).

Every time I power on, I can get solid power light, CPU and PSU fans spin, Optical Drive lights up and can open/close, but no HDD light and no output or successful POST beep.

Any ideas of solutions I haven't tried yet or for which parts I should start asking for replacements first??

Solution
Just to make sure, you had no other perephrials attached? I've seen some powered USB hubs feed back electricity into systems which have prevented them them turning on. Also, no silly mistakes like forgetting the 4pin 12v power connector near the corner of that board where the ps/2 connector is?

With different results from having no ram installed, and failed boots with having ram installed, I'd try getting your hands on some other memory to try, might be some compatibility issues with the timings.

zyky

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2006
Just to make sure, you had no other perephrials attached? I've seen some powered USB hubs feed back electricity into systems which have prevented them them turning on. Also, no silly mistakes like forgetting the 4pin 12v power connector near the corner of that board where the ps/2 connector is?

With different results from having no ram installed, and failed boots with having ram installed, I'd try getting your hands on some other memory to try, might be some compatibility issues with the timings.

Solution

romleinster

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Yes, no peripherals attached (except for the monitors).
Both the 24 and the 4 pin power connectors have been attached every time.

Unfortunately I don't have any other memory on hand at the moment, but I'll try picking some up next time I'm out.

Thanks for the suggestions!

romleinster

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2011
Just picked up some different RAM and it boots now!
The new RAM is 1066/1333 mhz
Hopefully it will keep working well and I won't have to post more problems. Thanks for the tip!