Sign in with
Your question

Cooling Options

December 13, 2012 9:46:13 PM

Hello,

I just finished building my computer about a week ago. I loved building the computer, but there is one big problem! It is pretty loud. The computer is 1 foot away from me and while I love it for gaming. I study next to it most of the time.

I have the CM Storm Enforcer Case and Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 motherboard. The case came with 120mm fan and a 200mm fan. Both of them have 3 pin connector. The amount of air that goes though is pretty extreme. I tired to alter the speed setting in the motherboard and it is not working. I also tired to miss with it in SpeedFan, and that did not work either. My question is

1. Do I need 4 pin fan for the motherboard to control it? (there is only 1 4pin header on the mobo). Why do I never see 4 pinned fan?
2. Is the easist option just to get a fan control panel? if so any recommandations? (i also want more USB in the front if possible)
3. Should I added a 200mm fan on the top, to keep the dust out and so I can turn all the fans to as low of a speed as possible?

More about : cooling options

!