Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Image problems on hdtv with hdmi connection?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 25, 2012 8:47:41 AM

i found a hdmi cable today and hooked my pc up to my new 32inch full hd tv and found that the edges where cut of and the screen image was very unclear, as well as the writing being jagged. i fixed the edges of the screen but the image is still horrible and the words are still jagged looking. before i found the hdmi cable i was using a vga cable and the image was fine. is there any way to fix this? i want to use hdmi as the vga only goes up to 1280 x 768 and i want to higher res, im using a geforce 210 1gb atm the moment but because my hd6970 is getting replaced on warranty, so im am only doing light gaming atm, and would prefer higher res over image settings.

More about : image problems hdtv hdmi connection

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 4:21:05 PM

I've noticed that same problem already on some cheap television models, as they are made to watch movies at 1080p, and normally movies have black stripes up and down, they cut some space up and down, by doing so you will see windows cut up and down, "fixing" that will cause the image to be streched and the image will be deformed and without quality.

Probably you will need another television. one that gives you the full array of 1920x1080 pixels...
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 4:32:40 PM

Try changing the aspect ratio and see if that helps at all (varies from zoom, true, just, h-fill, normal, etc..)
m
l
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 4:36:26 PM

chugot9218 said:
Try changing the aspect ratio and see if that helps at all (varies from zoom, true, just, h-fill, normal, etc..)

1920x1080 aspect ratio is 16:9. if the panel is a little higher probably you are looking for 1920x1200 16:10 aspect ratio.

Changing zoom,h-fil,normal,etc... is probably what he have done to fix, like i said, this will probably deform the picture, but it doesn't cost to try...

@OP
can you give your Television model?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 4:41:51 PM

Err, maybe I didn't mean aspect ratio, I meant whatever the hell those settings I described are lol.
m
l
November 4, 2012 5:29:33 AM

Best answer selected by onyxhunter.
m
l
!