Sign in with
Your question

PC to TV via HDMI blurry

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 4:30:55 PM

Hello,

I'm trying to connect my pc (Radeon HD 6570 graphic card) via HDMI-to-HDMI cabel to my tv Sony KDL-32S2520.

The image looks blurry and horrible. Any way to fix?

More about : hdmi blurry

a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 4:36:32 PM

Adjust settings on your PC and also make sure you have the aspect ratio set properly on your TV (h.fill, zoom, just, normal, one of those should look better.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 4:44:19 PM

The only screen format options on the TV are Smart, Wide and Zoom, all equally blurry and horrible. Nothing mentioning Aspect Ratio in the TV settings.

The only effecting settings I can find in CCC are resolution / refresh changes and some "My Digital Flat-Panels" options, all of which also do nothing to help the quality.

Really stuggling here :-/
Related resources
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 4:49:38 PM

Make sure your resolution on your computer is set to the native resolution of the TV.
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 5:00:10 PM

Changing to the reported native resolution (1366 x 768) does not help either.

BTW I'm trying to use the TV as my second screen.
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 6:08:51 PM

Try 720p from CCC. That's about the highest non-interlaced resolution.
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 7:53:37 PM

Click source on the tv remote then options and change hdmi to a pc input. The problem is with the tv settings and not the settings on the pc.
November 3, 2013 2:48:38 PM

I've had the same problem. I guess it's older TV you use, my tv is 6 years old and it's been blurry when is connected throu hdmi cable with pc. I did change the cable to VGA and it worked greatly. You will also need to get audio cable - jacks for your tv.
!