Bobby

Windows XP Home (upgrade from 98 SE)
PC upgraded to additional hard drive, was C:, now is F:
Changed default directory and path to F:
Plenty of space
Plenty of processing capability

I just recently tried to update my pc by installing the
new XP Service Pack 2 and it was unsuccessful. As a
result I have had to reinstall my OS. I changed the
default directory path a long time ago, and therefore
there are programs in both the C: and the F: drives. I
also noticed that after the reinstallation of the OS it
created, of course the C: drive as the default
directory. I am having trouble installing my Microsoft
IntelliType Pro 2.2 software because I continuously get
the message that "can't install hardware because it
already exists" Although I have done the "add/remove
programs" uninstallation, is there another way to
uninstall all keyboard drivers so I can reinstall the
software? Is it possible that the drivers were installed
under the C: (old) directory and there is a way to go to
that directory and uninstall it?

Thanks for the help! Peace,

Bobby

You had an external drive attached when you installed XP:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304776

to get everything back correct, you really need to go and install again.
www.coribright.com