Sign in with
Your question

Huge 7950 issue.

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 25, 2012 7:56:44 PM

So, I've just migrated a 660ti out of my build and put in my new Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X. My PSU doesn't have 8-pin power, but I used a 2x molex to 8-pin adapter and it seems to work fine.

I installed the 12.11 drivers, but NONE of my games seem to run. They all crash and give odd errors.

Dishonored for instance, displays "Alpha Blending with D3DFMT-A16B16g16r16f"

Mafia II says "No suitable graphics card or render mode found!"

I'm really starting to get angry.

Any help?

More about : huge 7950 issue

October 25, 2012 8:06:41 PM

Am I gonna need to purchase a new power supply?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 8:13:09 PM

motechiemoproblems said:
So, I've just migrated a 660ti out of my build and put in my new Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X. My PSU doesn't have 8-pin power, but I used a 2x molex to 8-pin adapter and it seems to work fine.

I installed the 12.11 drivers, but NONE of my games seem to run. They all crash and give odd errors.

Dishonored for instance, displays "Alpha Blending with D3DFMT-A16B16g16r16f"

Mafia II says "No suitable graphics card or render mode found!"

I'm really starting to get angry.

Any help?

right click on my computer icon go to manage >device manager>display adapter...is it showing your graphic card there??? if its showing then its your driver that are not properly installed....remove all your nvidia driver first,, including phys x....remove your current AMD driver as well
you can use driver sweeper software after uninstalling all your drivers to remove leftover files..( it will remove all leftover driver files from your system)..then do the clean install of your gpu as well as latest AMD driver....install required Direct x component and then see how it ends...

you can find driver sweeper here.use this software as direction shows

http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweepe...
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 25, 2012 8:14:18 PM

what kind of psu you are using???
m
l
October 25, 2012 8:21:59 PM

docxxx said:
right click on my computer icon go to manage >device manager>display adapter...is it showing your graphic card there??? if its showing then its your driver that are not properly installed....remove all your nvidia driver first,, including phys x....remove your current AMD driver as well
you can use driver sweeper software after uninstalling all your drivers to remove leftover files..( it will remove all leftover driver files from your system)..then do the clean install of your gpu as well as latest AMD driver....install required Direct x component and then see how it ends...

you can find driver sweeper here.use this software as direction shows

http://www.guru3d.com/content_page/guru3d_driver_sweepe...

It does indeed show my graphics card in there. So I'm gonna go ahead and uninstall ALL graphics drivers.
m
l
October 25, 2012 11:15:56 PM

Well, I took the long route, but I've completely reinstalled Windows 7, and done a fresh install of the drivers, and that appears to to work. Thank you for your help.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2012 6:31:23 AM

motechiemoproblems said:
Well, I took the long route, but I've completely reinstalled Windows 7, and done a fresh install of the drivers, and that appears to to work. Thank you for your help.

its been pleasure...enjoy gaming....... :)  :) 
m
l
October 26, 2012 6:34:36 AM

docxxx said:
its been pleasure...enjoy gaming....... :)  :) 

I will. I'm interested to see how well this 7950 will work in comparison to the 660ti, now that AMD's new Never-Settle drivers are out.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
October 26, 2012 6:39:18 AM

motechiemoproblems said:
I will. I'm interested to see how well this 7950 will work in comparison to the 660ti, now that AMD's new Never-Settle drivers are out.

7950 is way ahead then 660 ti....and with new drivers for 7*** series ( giving 10 to 15 % improvement)it will be eye candy for you as soo many graphically insane games are coming......
m
l
October 26, 2012 6:58:05 AM

docxxx said:
7950 is way ahead then 660 ti....and with new drivers for 7*** series ( giving 10 to 15 % improvement)it will be eye candy for you as soo many graphically insane games are coming......

I'm already loving it, and the new drivers were just the icing on the cake. I'm glad I came back to team red.
m
l
!