imcrazyo

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hey guys, I just bought my new setup and it is composed of what follows:
Intel i5 2500k
MSI Hd 6870 Twin Frozr II (Refurbished)
Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3 (Refurbished)
OCZ Modstream Pro 700 Watt.

I got the Pc up and running and was hoping to get a hackintosh going. For whatever reason i cant get full resolution but thats not what I am here for. The main purchase of the computer was for gaming. Once I got everything installed i kept getting this "Amd Display Driver has stopped functioning and has successfully recovered" error. This has been driving me nuts. I have tried everything to try and fix it. And based on my research mine is more severe than others. I cannot even watch a video, or browse tomshardware.com (im using my laptop for this post), im not even gonna mention that I cant play any of my games it just crashes. Nothing is working and im slowly but surely going insane. The techniques I have attempted to fix the error are as follows:
1. Fresh windows install
2. Uninstall drivers and use drive sweeper, then re install drivers
3. Update and fix registry
4. Use CCleaner
5. Taken out card and reinstalled
6. Uninstalled driver from Device mgmt
7. Downloaded all of windows updates

Im going nuts and I JUST WANNA PLAY BORDERLANDS 2. Please help me guys.(or gals)

Solution

both are good..560 ti is slightly better then 6870 ....so if you can do then go with 560 ti..... :)

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

have you connected gpu power supply properly...???have you tried your system without your Graphic card...try to boot it without gpu inside...if it boots fine then it may be possible that you got a bad card in your hand....

imcrazyo

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Yea it boot fine without it and it boots fine with it installed as well. Just when it comes to even the least strenuous of tasks it crashes. How likely is it that I have a bad card?

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

does your system crash without gpu in browsing or while playing video???

if it is crashing even if you do anything and as you mentioned that you have tried all possible solution then it only suggest towards faulty GPU( take in mind that you have recent pc build and refurbished GPU and MOBO)..i had mine HIS 7850 giving me trouble since day 1....RMA ed twice..and after 1 month of waiting got refund and bought Sapphire 7850..so it happens.....

another thing might be your PSU..is it new??? if it has 2 pci e connector try both alternatively....you can try your gpu in different pci e slot as well...so you can find the culprit of your problem...

imcrazyo

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Thanks for the help man. And no the system works flawlessly without the gpu in. And yea the psu is brand new. I just got the system so I can still return it. Would u recommend just getting a 560ti or sticking with the 6870 and buying it retail?

docxxx

Honorable
Sep 19, 2012

both are good..560 ti is slightly better then 6870 ....so if you can do then go with 560 ti..... :)

Solution

hrshraj462

Honorable
Oct 26, 2012
Hello,,,Plz have a luk here
When I use to boot my pc with my ATI 5450 hd ddr3 1gb, the system boots and even it starts successfully but only I can hear the sound of windows start up... I cannot se anything....means there is no display from the begining to the start,,,,, :(
But when I plug my monitor cable to onboard,,,, the display comes...I removed my graphic card and put it in my frnds pc,,, it worked fine.....but with me it doesnt..........it worked for me for 5 months but now the problem arises and I also cheked the bios for the priority of graphic card and it is in proper order but why automatically it happen to me now.... :'(.... Plz help....Hurry....I want to play NFS Most Wanted 2012...plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.