Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Why do i have to overscan th image of my tv using ati drivers?

Tags:
  • Radeon
  • TV
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 25, 2012 10:29:05 PM

Hello to all, i bought a 7770 Vapor X to run my games and movies, but when i configure the image of my LG tv through ati catalyst software i have to overscan the image of my tv , otherwise it looks in another resolution , im using 1080p for my tv and 1680 * 1050 in my monitor need help plz.
Thanks

More about : overscan image ati drivers

a b x TV
October 26, 2012 3:16:33 AM

You never listed your hardware or your operating system,but your monitor resolution seems off, what sized monitor?
m
l
October 26, 2012 3:39:35 AM

Yea that's what I have to do everytime I connect to a display, just go into the catalyst control and make the scaling right with your display
m
l
October 26, 2012 3:44:38 AM

completelyrandomname said:
Yea that's what I have to do everytime I connect to a display, just go into the catalyst control and make the scaling right with your display

no its actually the tv's fault most need underscan by default due to crappy old analogue tv signal, depending on tv brand and model my 2012 samsung 55inch 3d tv i went in and renamed the hdmi source to pc (its not in the main menus, nor listed in the manual or on their website, either!!) and it works now perfectly no underscan, some tv's also have a hdmi input that has dvi written on it also usually you wont need underscan if you use that one either
m
l
October 26, 2012 3:11:11 PM

Hm... that's strange. Mine is also a Samsung 3d tv but its 46 inch, got it earlier this year and it's plugged into my htpc via hdmi. And I might have stressed too much about everytime, I just have to do it once and it just remembers to "scan" itself.
m
l

Best solution

October 26, 2012 8:47:20 PM

completelyrandomname said:
Hm... that's strange. Mine is also a Samsung 3d tv but its 46 inch, got it earlier this year and it's plugged into my htpc via hdmi. And I might have stressed too much about everytime, I just have to do it once and it just remembers to "scan" itself.

change it to hdmi input u want press the tools button on your remote then its one of the menus there from memory, change the name to pc, you really want to do it then you can play hsbs 3d movies directly from your computer (if you dont remove underscan you CANNOT play 3d from ur compu it completely unwatchable) etc not using tv as your media player. much better quality and you can get dts-ma and ddhd sound if you have ati HD6xxx onward also using xbmc. sooooooo much sweeter :kaola: 
October 27, 2012 12:38:42 AM

Thanks, and we're not even answering his question much LOL
m
l
October 27, 2012 2:07:06 AM

Best answer selected by into9rod.
m
l
!