Wireless Network Card?

dcointin

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Hey guys! :hello:

I've done as much research as I can on my new pc build, but there's one question I've never seen the answer to. My current PC (a 7 year old dell) required a wireless network card to connect to the internet without using network cable. Would I need one for a new build as well, or does this come built into the motherboard? If so, what would you recommend? Many thanks!

Don

dcointin

Distinguished
May 3, 2011
Beautiful, thank you so much! I can't "best answer" here at work for some reason, but I will as soon as I'm home.

BTW - can you recommend an Asus board for somone looking for SLI/CrossFire and only perhaps very modest overclocking?

cl-scott

Honorable

As a general rule, I stay away from recommending anything, even when asked. Kind of a slippery slope, and once you start recommending things once or twice, it gets easier every successive time. I don't want to have to make the poor Tom's Hardware mods have to delete some of my posts because they seem like spam. :non:

So, just make sure you read the product specs carefully with Asus boards. Sometimes there might be two boards with the same chipset, but only one will do SLI/CrossFire. That's probably true for the competition, but I don't really make a point of keeping up with what they're doing.