Solved

670 vs 680 That are priced Identically

Hey guys,

I was browsing some other recent builds and one of them was around my budget. The owner fit a GTX 680 Superclocked Signature 2 card into his build that was around $1500. This is just a quick question, but I was originally going for the GTX670DCU2T from Asus.
The 680 Superclocked is about the same price of the 670DCU2T. ($430-450) Which one would you go for if they were priced the same?
Though the 680 is only %5-%10 faster i might go with it, if you don't agree please respond.
14 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about priced identically
  1. If same price sure why not if cost more nope not worth it
  2. Wait is that the real top or imposter and where can you get the TOP from
  3. its in stock at ncix canada i think
  4. Best answer
    Every 680 should beat every 670. So given the choice between a 670 and 680 at the same price, the 680 is an easy choice.
  5. It's up to you.
    If you're overclocking, go with the TOP. It's an AMAZING card.

if not, go with the 680.
  6. Alrighty I guess I'll go with the 680.

Also, they TOP is in stock not only in canada but at the US NCIX. :) at $439
    Heres the link.
    670TOP
  7. Best answer selected by JetD.
  8. willard said:
    Every 680 should beat every 670. So given the choice between a 670 and 680 at the same price, the 680 is an easy choice.

Erm... no. Not even close.

The cards are so close that a 670 with better cooling will beat out a 680 with lesser cooling as soon as you factor in overclocking. Heck, even factory overclocks can push a 670 over reference 680's.
  9. JetD said:
    Alrighty I guess I'll go with the 680.

Also, they TOP is in stock not only in canada but at the US NCIX. :) at $439
    Heres the link.
    670TOP
    o.k. and thanks for link you should get it much better then a avg. 680 ;)
  10. willard said:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GeForce_GTX_670_Direct_Cu_II/33.html

Quote:
    Yes, you've seen correctly, the ASUS GeForce GTX 670 Direct CU II TOP is the first graphics card ever that I gave a perfect ten score. The stock GeForce GTX 670 provides already great performance, but ASUS has topped that by boosting it with a large overclock out of the box which catapults it beyond GTX 680 performance levels. Averaged over all our testing we see the card 1% faster than GTX 680 and 8% faster than GTX 670.
  11. Yeah i was trying to find that JackNaylorPE but he already decided on the 680 before i could copy and paste it for him to see the TOP is a violent beast eats 680's for breakfast!
  12. Yeah, I'm Impatient :lol: I be picking BA left and right.

After i saw the overclock ability head room for the Top and it surpassing reference speeds i decided to go with it. :)

Also, Would Coolermaster Megaflow 200mm Fans work with the Sentry Mesh fan controller? The Sentry mesh says it's compatible with 3 pin but the Megaflow fans say 3/4 pin :/
  13. Smart boy. And yeah, they should work fine.
  14. lol glad you got it at first i thought you were mistaken the imposter top for the real one allot on these forums think the ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 GeForce GTX 670 2GB is the same thing as the top lol either just do not know better or wishful thinking they look the same but two different cards i know that for sure i have taken both apart before and gamed with both there is a very noticeable difference when overclocking ahaha.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics