FPS Stuttering while playing games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ingo Meyrt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012
Hi all, I've been having problems with my new Gigabyte HD 7850 2GB. When I play any game, While turning or moving my character in any way in game, my frame rate will drop and freeze at short instances. It is extremely annoying and renders the game unplayable. The games I have tested are either at or below the necessary requirements and I can run them very smoothly. I only play at 1360x768. I have tried 4 different driver versions and they all have the same result. I will post this question tonight and try a fresh re-install tomorrow and report back with the results.

These videos are an exact example of what is happening in all my games:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS6W6DWNPHM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0wT0qyeWtE
Although they are both with the same game, this happens in ALL of my games.

Other specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition
Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme 3
RAM: Corsair DDR5 4GB
PSU: Zephyr MX Series 750W

Thank you all in advance.

Ingo Meyrt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

All Points Bulletin, Battlefield 3, Dishonored, Bulletstorm, Borderlands 2. And I always close programs in the background before playing any game.

give it the 3finger solute and look at what isn't turned off. check windows firewall for programs. start/msconfig/services and startup.... see what's running. shut down all auto update on all your programs. run extensive malware scans......... not just the one or two you usually use.

Hey that's my video. Lol. My problem turned out to be my CPU - Crysis 2 needs 3+ threads to run in DX11. And it heavily favors Nvidia GPUs, and newer Intel CPUs. The second video is experiencing normal stuttering caused by the game. The outdoor area loads at the first stutter, and the rest of the level loads at the second stutter in that video. Not sure what your problem is if it's stuttering in every game... Post a video of your own and we'll take a look.

Ingo Meyrt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

I'll make a video if a fresh re install doesn't work. Also, My CPU was fine with all the games I played with my old 5850. I never got any stuttering like that. I also have a 5450, while not a gaming card, I never got any stuttering in any game like I do now. Could it possibly be a driver issue? I'd hate to have to send another card to Gigabyte for the third time now.

Ingo Meyrt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

I've tried 4 different drivers, all of which I have uninstalled before installing the new one. I know not to install over old drivers. Lol

techguy911

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2007
Try make sure you have newest drivers then disabling your av if you have it, also make sure you are playing full screen and not windowed mode and you might want to try game booster you can download from download.com.

Ingo Meyrt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

I've tried the newest. Even the beta drivers

nadz953

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012

APB and Borderlands 2 runs off physx, NVIDIA software. Which server on APB are you on?

same card sent back or different cards ?............ if you send something in for RMA ( anywhere ) make sure you put a mark on it ( magic marker or something you can read under black light )......... so they don't keep sending you the same piece of crap back.

and thanks for omitting the information about the other cards.

Ingo Meyrt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

I had previously sent in my 5850 twice, they sent me a 7850 back because they had no replacements for the model that I had.

Ingo Meyrt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

It seems relevant to the video card because as I've stated before, I NEVER had any of these problems with my older cards.

inzinjercuga

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
I have the same problem as you've described while playing Diablo 3, other games seem to work good.

Gigabyte MA770-DS3
AMD Phenom II 955 BE
4GB RAM
XFX Radeon 6850 1GB
OCZ Vertex 3 120GB
Corsair VX450W

Ingo Meyrt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2012

I've read a lot of posts on the Diablo 3 Forums about this problem. Although mine is with EVERY game I play. Lol. I've been waiting about two months through 2 RMAs just to have this happen. The card is amazing. And while not moving in BF3 Multiplayer on Ultra with tons of stuff going on in front of me I get above 40 FPS. Something is seriously wrong here and it's extremely irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.