Nokia phone

Last response: in Network Providers
April 3, 2005 7:50:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

Which nokia phone that rogers has provides the best reception.
I'm thinking about either the 3220 or the 3120. Or should I avoid both &
just bite the bullit and by an unlocked 6230b?
thanks

More about : nokia phone

Anonymous
April 4, 2005 3:22:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.rogersatt (More info?)

Based on what I have read at http://howardforums.com, the 3220 is the
equal of the 6230b except for the features that are conspicuously
missing:

- Bluetooth
- expansion card
- infrared
- MP3 player
- side keys

For reception, it apparently does the same as the 6230b, which is
about the best you can currently get on GSM. I have a 6230b, and I'd
marry it if I could.

I used a relative's 3120 for a couple of weeks. It's wasn't quite the
top-notch reception of the 6230b, but it is quite good -- better than
the entry-level phones of most others manufacturers. Again, that's
partly based on reading http://howardforums.com, since I don't have
much experience models that other people later found to be poor.
Unfortunately, I was also able to confirm others' findings: the 3120
does have some background speaker hiss. It's not a bother for the
casual user, but you might as well opt for the 3220 over the outdated
3120, since they are both cheap or free with a contract.

FYI, Rogers will be carrying the 6230i when it becomes available. A
friend of mine got that in writing from Rogers. Based on how long it
takes these models to officially be available in Canada, it could be
many months before it shows up. In the mean-time, its announcement
has pushed down the average price of the 6230b if you opt for it.

Ian