Feedback on my first computer build

I'm going to order all the components for my pc build soon. I thought I would post it here and see if I can get any feedback.

Case: CM Storm Stryker
CPU: i5-3750k (going to overclock)
CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo
SSD: Corsair Force Series GT (Either 180 or 240, whatever has the best gb to price ratio)
HDD: WD Black 2tb
Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77
PSU: Corsair AX 850 or HX 850 (only 10 dollar price difference so probably going with the AX)
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws 8gb (2x4gb) DDR3 1333
GPU (Already Have): GTX 560 ti 2gb

The thing I'm not too sure about is the motherboard. I would appreciate any feedback.
4 answers Last reply
More about feedback computer build
  1. Motherboard is solid, everything looks good.

The only things I would say:

- You don't need 850W to run that system or to SLI. 750W is plenty for overclocking, SLI, and all your needs.
    - The 560 ti is not a fantastic card. You can get better cards for the money. What's your budget look like?
  2. And get low profile ram to avoid blocking the Evo unless you know for sure there's clearance.
  3. JMer806 said:
    Motherboard is solid, everything looks good.

The only things I would say:

- You don't need 850W to run that system or to SLI. 750W is plenty for overclocking, SLI, and all your needs.
    - The 560 ti is not a fantastic card. You can get better cards for the money. What's your budget look like?

Bought the gpu a year ago when it was on sale and was a decent card, not ready to upgrade yet, most likely in the summer, but it's def fine for now. The only reason I went overkill on the PSU is because I want to not upgrade psus for a while. Plus, it's only like 40 more so I don't mind paying that little extra.

Thanks for your feedback.
  4. GTA4rox09 said:
    Bought the gpu a year ago when it was on sale and was a decent card, not ready to upgrade yet, most likely in the summer, but it's def fine for now. The only reason I went overkill on the PSU is because I want to not upgrade psus for a while. Plus, it's only like 40 more so I don't mind paying that little extra.

Thanks for your feedback.

No worries. I actually have the same card, bought earlier this year. It still handles well but chugs at highest settings.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Systems Product