Nvidia GTX 690 weird video issues

boulter

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
Hello,
I just finished a build and for my GPU I went with the GTX 690. Currently I am using the Mini Display port with an HDMI adapter. This is going thru a Bose LS system and into a 55" TV. When I first fired up the system the only port outputting video was the Mini Display Port. Now after about 1 month using the Mini Display port with no issues the video seems to disappear after the windows splash screen (never gets to login). If I take the HDMI off the Mini Display Port and plug it into the bottom DVI w/HDMI adapter the video and sound usually returns (not always the case). One time I had to resort to a DVI to HDMI cable and use the 2nd DVI port and video was back. This can happen while watching a video or even just resizing some open windows.
This is the only setup I have used this system on. It has not seen a multiple display arrangement yet.
The build is as follows...
Windows 7 Ultimate 64
ASUS P8Z77-V PREMIUM MB
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge (not OC yet)
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 32GB DDR3 1600
SAMSUNG 830 Series 256GB SATA III SSD
ZALMAN CNPS9900MAX-B CPU Cooler
EVGA Signature GeForce GTX 690 GPU
(3) Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM001 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB
Corsair 1200 PSU

A bit overkill for a Home Theater PC but currently thats what I use it for.

Any Ideas ?? Thanks in advance ....

arondutzu

Honorable
Nov 15, 2012

Yes mate. I believe I have a solution for you. Go to Nvidia Control Panel > Adjust desktop color settings > Put the digital color format to YcBcR444 and then change content type reported to the display to Full Screen Videos instead of auto.. Let me know if that fixed it for you